One drunk night, I left my car ignition on throughout the night. Next morning my battery was completely drained. I charged the battery with an external charger but once the car started the gen-fan light stays on. I’ve used a voltage meter to check and see if the battery is charging with car running but it stayed at 11.6 to 12v. Didn’t move at all. I thought my regulator was the problem as all by plugs from the regulator to the alternator was corroded.So I switched the plugs and solder them. Bought new regulator and I am still having a charging issue. The only problem is when I bypassed the regulator plug by sticking a paper clip to both ends of the plug, the battery was charging fine with the car on. I am totally confused and frustrated with the problem. This is my first corvair and I am a total beginner when it comes to these cars. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
What are the typical electrical problems with this year and model?