Is there a way to verify if the springs were cut without taking the springs out?
If the car was lowered, I'd like to keep the lower stance, while increasing the compression stiffness so the tires do not rub. Do you know of any racing springs, either for the 1964 corvair, or non-corvair springs that could fit with some fabrication work? The spring characteristics I'm looking for are:
- Lower stance (If the car had in fact been lowered).
- High compression stiffness (For a light car, as the car has been lightened).
- Very quick rebound (So as to keep contact between the tires and the road).
- In terms of travel, have more rebound travel than compression travel (So the car rides low and bumps don't result in rubbing. Also enabling the shock and wheel to quickly extend much further and maintain grip on the road). This type of shock would probably have to be digressive or progressive, rather than linear.
- As stated, high speed rebound dampening (Quick extension during rebound).