66 Corvair conv

All Models and Years
monzadon

66 Corvair conv

Post by monzadon »

I have been restoring my 66 conv. for two years, body work is all done and ready for paint, now I am working on the mechanical but i would like a service manual that shows how to do any mechanical repairs, does anyone know what the best service manual would be for doing a restoration
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: 66 Corvair conv

Post by azdave »

I will always recommend the factory manuals before any others. Easy to find in reprint and have served me well for many years.

For a 66 you'll need to buy a "1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual" plus the smaller 66 supplement for the updates between the years.

You can find them free online or all over eBay.
corvair chassis shop manual - Google Search - Google Chrome 6132019 122738 PM.jpg
corvair chassis shop manual - Google Search - Google Chrome 6132019 122738 PM.jpg (18.21 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 66 Corvair conv

Post by bbodie52 »

monzadon wrote: » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:59 pm

I have been restoring my 66 conv. for two years, body work is all done and ready for paint, now I am working on the mechanical but i would like a service manual that shows how to do any mechanical repairs, does anyone know what the best service manual would be for doing a restoration

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA club chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual

Corvair Chassis Shop Manual — 1966 Supplement

1965 Corvair Assembly Manual

1966 Fisher Body Service Manual

:link: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=corvair+book ... _ss_i_10_7

ImageImage
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... w_page=244

There are many other pages of books available for sale in the book section of the Clark's Corvair Parts online catalog.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”