FC transmission mount

All Models and Years
Gearfinger

FC transmission mount

Post by Gearfinger »

Hi all. New guy, first post. My Greenbrier has a 4spd trans supported (poorly) by a mount intended for an automatic trans. As hung, the left bank is an inch or so below where it should be. This also gets the rear wheel alignment off. I'm hoping to find info as to the actual differences in mounting bolt locations and measurement. Have called some common suppliers trying to find the proper crossmember, so far no luck.

Any help deeply appreciated. My location is mid-Michigan...
caraholic4life

Re: FC transmission mount

Post by caraholic4life »

Looking in the Clarks catalog I found the following:

http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... ge=USED-18

Part number CU261: USED FT TRANS CROSSMEMBER 61-62 FC 4SPD $0.00 (Page Used-18) Out of Stock.

Part number CU264: USED FT TRANS CROSSMEMBER 63-65 FC 4SPD $60.00 (Page Used-18)

If you are in need of a 1963-1965 F.C. 4 speed version, you may just be fortunate enough that they may still have one available. :my02:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Gearfinger

Post by Gearfinger »

Sadly, my rig has the proper trans. Have also checked with Corvair Ranch and some others. Thanks for your consideration.
dave t

Post by dave t »

Give Jeff at california corvair a call. He knows his stuff and most likely has the part in stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app

Gearfinger

Post by Gearfinger »

No luck with CC for me. The on line ordering system would allow only shipping to the billing address, which is 150 miles away. Phone calls went without answer. ???
dave t

Post by dave t »

I recommend calling again. Cal corvair is closed Sunday & monday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Corvair Forum mobile app

racndave

Post by racndave »

Gearfinger wrote:Hi all. New guy, first post. My Greenbrier has a 4spd trans supported (poorly) by a mount intended for an automatic trans. As hung, the left bank is an inch or so below where it should be. This also gets the rear wheel alignment off. I'm hoping to find info as to the actual differences in mounting bolt locations and measurement. Have called some common suppliers trying to find the proper crossmember, so far no luck.

I have a complete FC crossmember from a 1961 rampside 4 spd. If interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
racndave

Post by racndave »

racndave wrote:
Gearfinger wrote:Hi all. New guy, first post. My Greenbrier has a 4spd trans supported (poorly) by a mount intended for an automatic trans. As hung, the left bank is an inch or so below where it should be. This also gets the rear wheel alignment off. I'm hoping to find info as to the actual differences in mounting bolt locations and measurement. Have called some common suppliers trying to find the proper crossmember, so far no luck.

I have a complete FC crossmember from a 1961 rampside 4 spd. If interested.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”