Part Wanted - Carburetor Tag Remake

All Models and Years
MonzaJPD61

Part Wanted - Carburetor Tag Remake

Post by MonzaJPD61 »

Does anyone know of a vendor who can remake the triangular aluminum tag for the Rochester H for EMs? I can make out the stampings on my originals, just want to have them duplicated fresh if it's not too expensive.
Carb Tag
Carb Tag
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Part Wanted - Carburetor Tag Remake

Post by bbodie52 »

I suspect that you will find that nobody is reproducing those manufacturer's identity tags. Variations in carburetor production apparently occurred so frequently that the metal ID tags became the best method to track each generational production change. The tags often disappear over time, as owners/mechanics toss them during carburetor rebuilds or when they are opened up for any reason.

You may have to accept the wrinkling as part of the aging process that Corvairs, and their owners, are subject to. :tongue: It is a kind of "carburetor tag patina" that some will appreciate simply because the tag has survived at all, after all these years.
:not worthy:

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into detailing your Corvair. I hope you will post some status updates and pictures of your car so we can hear about and see your overall project Corvair.

:welcome2:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
toytron

Re: Part Wanted - Carburetor Tag Remake

Post by toytron »

Tackle the job yourself. I have not heard of anyone that does that but you never know. I believe that at one time it was illegal to do so but now it might not matter. You might want to contact a place like the carburetor shop.

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Carbur ... ter_4G.htm

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”