Per-Lux Ignitor in Distributor

All Models and Years
GasDaddy140

Per-Lux Ignitor in Distributor

Post by GasDaddy140 »

Hi! So the only time I've touched this dirty distributor since collecting my heap 1965 Corsa 4 years ago was to move it from one box to another. I decided to start looking at it becuase I'm actually working on my engine :tu: and discovered it was converted from points to a Per-lux brand ignition. I don't think that the Per-Lux brand exists anymore. I guess that I'll look it over and try it. Has anybody else tried one of these back in the day? I plan on getting the engine running on points first.
Attachments
IMG_3478.jpg
IMG_3476.jpg
IMG_3479.jpg
IMG_3477.jpg
Alan Duquette
Rohnert Park, CA
"When in doubt...Hit the gas!" A.J. Foyt.

1965 Corvair Corsa (field find) Project
1971 Dodge Sportsman "shorty" 318 van
2015 Nissan Juke S
Scott V

Re: Per-Lux Ignitor in Distributor

Post by Scott V »

per-lux changed its name to pertronix........these are still being made. the little thing that goes over the shaft is a magnet ring.......dont remove the green tape - that holds the magnets in.

the new pertronix has a different magnet ring - all plastic - so the mags dont fall out.

dont leave the key *on* w/o the engine running.......that will fry the per-lux. dont use a performance coil.........that will fry the per-lux.

-Scott V.
GasDaddy140

Post by GasDaddy140 »

Hi Scott V. and thank you! I'll look over the complete distributor and again heed your operation warnings. Should the plug gaps be 30?
Alan Duquette
Rohnert Park, CA
"When in doubt...Hit the gas!" A.J. Foyt.

1965 Corvair Corsa (field find) Project
1971 Dodge Sportsman "shorty" 318 van
2015 Nissan Juke S
Scott V

Post by Scott V »

yup.......plug gap same as points.

-Scott V.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”