Ira's 66 Corsa

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Ira's 66 Corsa

Post by Am-Iron »

Hey Ira,
Good post. I am from the Denver area so if you need some input or help please contact me. I am not the expert Steve is by any stretch though. I agree that he goes far beyond the norm to be of help. I would never go anywhere else for advice or service...even parts! We are at the same points in our recent projects so I will post my build in a couple of days. Here is a picture of my last car that I got for cheap and got it running and put some wheels and tires on for a quick sale.
Allen

Now I realize it was in a lot better shape than my turbo, but I have never had a turbo and wanted to see what it's like.
Last edited by Am-Iron on Sat May 08, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ira

Post by Ira »

Hey Allen!

Cool to hear from someone local.

Where in Denver are you located? I'm here in Lakewood near 6th and Simms. I should be at the Hamburger Stand car show (near 6th and Simms) this Wed. night if you'd like to swing by. It'd be good to talk to another Corvair afficienado! Actually, I just got an email from Steve and he said he would most likely be there if the weather cooperates.

So do you have your project in a garage?.... if not did the thing manage to stay dry?

My weatherstrips are soooo far gone that I had two small puddles of water on my pristine floorboards and my Recaros were a bit damp. :banghead: :angry: Cool thing about it was that my wife surprised me with a waterproof car cover from Rainex on Saturday... she's awesome... even before the cover. ::-): She found it on sale at W/M for $50. It's a much nicer cover than the really cheap covers and it appears to be working well so far. For those who give a damn it's a L (large) cover and fits very well.

Once again great to hear from you!

IRa :chevy:
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

Hey Ira,
Any updates? I have sold the Turbo Corsa and I will now build the Corsa 140 convertible.
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ira

Post by Ira »

Well this summer was pretty harsh (IE busy).

We've had a customer's car on our rotisserie all summer, so there was really no reason to push hard... as there was no where to go.

Everything is still going to go through... just no where near my original time table.

Ira
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Glad to see you're still around. I was looking forward to watching the progress on your car.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Ira

Post by Ira »

So a year goes by and I still don't have this thing even close to being together.

Had some issues in late 10' but the biggest problem I have is too many customer cars in front of my little Vair! That's great for our rod shop but it doesn't help me get any closer to having this on the road.

At this point I have a 1938 Willys sedan and two 56 Chevys in front of me.

The upshot is that one of those aforementioned projects will fund my paint and body work.

In closing...

I haven't disappeared... just been rescheduled several times.

Ira :banghead:
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Thanks for the update. Nice to hear you got lots of work though. :tu: even if it is keeping you from the vair.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

Ira, Thanks for the update. Don't let them other cars stop you! Just do a little here and there. If you do that when you get serious you will be ahead of the game. I hope you get to squeeze a little work in on it, but you have to do what pays the bills first!

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”