Crazy Georges 64 Greenbrier!!

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Crazy Georges 64 Greenbrier!!

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Here are the pics, I'll let George tell you about her. :)

1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Crazy Georges 64 Greenbrier!!

Post by Crazy George »

Well I thank Ron again. If it was't for Dirgo Corvairs of Maine , I would not have gotten this van. They found it and the 62 pu as well. They posted it in the newsletter and I called on the items and said I would take them. Bargained priced and nice find for the east coast. The van appears to be complete and does have some rust issues under the bottom, so down the line , I get to play with my metal brake. One small dent in the side door, bumpers are great. This has the window screen (new in box, postage $1.07 .10 for insurance . Being retired postal, I will save the box. Broken singal up front, New one in box on the front seat, new rockers in box, two sets of hub caps , some gaskets, plug wires and bumper guard. I know that some wants them , will have to wait and see on that. Extra rim , it was Merry X-mas to me. The body is really in good shape , the interior is just wow ok! 71000 something on the van. the last year registered , 1974. Getting it off the trailer , three flats and yeah it was notice a snow tire on the front. I took off three tires and got some back on the hold air . The brake shoes look new and the drums must of bin cut , look like new and no grooves in the inside other than surface rust. Once thru our weather here and get some more know around this forum I will post some more pic. I am still looking for the info yet on my 65 to post. Dirgo Corvairs thank you and the hard work you guys did in getting us together here in Maine.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

COOL VAN
I sure would be interested in those bumper guards if you wanted to get rid of them,
email me at harrisjimmy60@yahoo.com THANKS Jimbo sweeeeeet ride
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

My computor is running slow withe weather coming in from the south and from NW side from Canada. I know you got your eyes on them and I noted that if I part with them You will have the first shot. I may try to have it run this spring maybe and look for a junk surf board to put on top and call it the DO VAN and drive around up here in the mountains in search of that ocean front . But if I part with them I know you mention first already. I got a email earlier about a 65 van in AL. and my wife said she gets another lab if I dare. I have two , I just do three. I did notice also that the exhaust looked good to but this week end I will try to pull the plug and scope the cyc and place mystic oil in them. I know it turns over, but i dont want to turn again with out some oil in there. More like wil drop the eng anyway and go thru it. I have a pg and two other engines first to do once I am able to get in our addition. Almost done. Plan to fab a ceiling mounted trolly rotissalry. the van should not have to be that bad underneat, like most things , finding the time.
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Very very nice.....I'd buy that thing in a second! Lovin' that deluxe interior and the fact that it's a stick!
JohnnyCorvair

Post by JohnnyCorvair »

Nice van. Wonder why they only filtered the fuel to the right carb? I would get rid of any plastic or rubber lines or filters in the engine compartment. On that same note, the fuel pump and those clamps look fairly recent. Nice find!
1962 Monza 900 Coupe
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

:coolphotos: :tu:
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

Well I am back briefly. Johnny corvair notice that fuel pump and jerry rigging fuel filter. The privous owner is a blue berry farmer on the coast, I believe the privous owner said they did get another fuel pump but gave up due to it would not pump fuel. As for that line, I would not have done that, put it where not seen in the main line. Tikiralf, that is cute, I love the wagon of yours. Flat six , I believe it is a three speed. Did not check. Ron, said it also has a posi by the label but I dont think so. Later today I will try to learn inserting pic and play around. Its pretty cold today.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Nice finds, Well done!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

Under the driver seat
Under the driver seat
Looking from the driver seat toward rear and body panel
Looking from the driver seat toward rear and body panel
The brier has its worst decay as I would of expected , being on the driver side. Vehicles here drive salted roads that seems to be sanded and salted in the center of the road . I will be checking the rest soon . I quest I get to play with the metal brake a bit and some of the welders. The rot looks bad , but nothing that I don't think can be repaired, like most any job, its all in time. This van is really in good shape for up in the Northeast. Need to yank the plugs out and fill up the cyclinders with mystry oil and let it set a week or so. See if it will crank . I know it turns over. I should scope the cyclinders first. I will post what I find as I look it over. At the same time learning the forum and computor as well. :wave: Any advice would always be welcome :tu:
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Your forum and computer skills seem good so far. :goodpost:
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
mart

Post by mart »

I know a guy in PA who can fix rust REAL GOOD!!!! :assault:
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:dontknow: Between my wife and dauther , as well as Ronnie, I have been playing around for the last two weeks learning this forum. First time being involved in such a deal. A few basics , they have walked me thru and I only locked the computor up once. Fess up to the wife , Ronnie was not around to bail me out. Today I did my introduction all by myself and I am just :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: to death that I did it . I still can't or don't understand alot but I am dragging a long. Mart, I feel real bad after reading about your car. I feel bless that I got my dream car :clap: :clap: :clap:
My Baby
My Baby
I hope I can do my other coupe as well along with this van. :pray: I like these little emotions, cool. I did alot of homework before buying afar and I don't want to tell you what this coupe cost. YOUR mouth would drop and it would make you feel only worst. Your progress is super and only will make it more enjoyable. I have trouble typing with my hands and hard time finding the pictures stored in the computor. It just takes me longer than you guys. But being a retired weapons dealer as well, I most likely have ammo for that red guy making flames. :tu:
mart

Post by mart »

Beautiful LM.Love the colour combo
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:ty: Thank you Mart. The LM coupe will well take me into my retirement and I am not going to let her get hurt. I am not waiting for 2048 :neener: Here are some more of the Greenbrier what I have found.
Driver door side
Driver door side
not bad ,
driver door side
driver door side
this was the worst side underneath. But I have my work cut out for me, but doable
passenger side door
passenger side door
this one looks not much better than the driver side and down behide the wheel
behide the wheel
behide the wheel
I will get some more and do them a little at the time.
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

As I am assesting the issues of the van , continues:
Looking down the passenger side
Looking down the passenger side
There seems to been alot of under coating athat will need to be removed
valve covers will need replacing driver rear
valve covers will need replacing driver rear
the rear bumper guard base rust away
decade rear bumper guard
decade rear bumper guard
amazing that the guard stayed on the bumper , came off in my hand when I was getting off the ground looking under her.
bad shape
bad shape
thats why there were two used bumper guards in the van, they are in very good condition. Sorry Jimbo :dontknow: if I will keep the guards or not. Jimbo , you will be the first if I let them go.

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”