1965 Corsa clone, but a sweeeeeet one

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: 1965 Corsa clone, but a sweeeeeet one

Unread post by Gregory_Miller » Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Exhaust system reinstalled, back on the floor, and fired up fuel pump looking for leaks, and I found one after I started it up. The driver's side secondary was dumping fuel down the throat of the carb. Found the ball bearing "needle and seat" had a sticky spot in it like I've never seen before. Luckily I had another one. It's back together and I have halfway balanced the carbs on Roger's linkage kit.

Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by Gregory_Miller » Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Got the carbs balanced, and took it for a drive to warm it up fully. Still a tiny bit of a sticky spot in the accelerator linkage, I attribute it to not locking down one of the locknuts on the driver's side primary, taking all the wiggle out of the Heim joint and preventing the passenger side primary from closing fully. I readjusted to get the bit of wiggle back and properly locked it down, should be good to go now. Threw a bit of resin glaze cleaner/polisher on the roof and trunk. Still needs a paint job. :/
Was going to drive it to work today but will wait till the temps back in the 70s to keep the driver cool.
Still have to R&R the dash again to replace the quartz rebuilt clock again, the first one runs slow and the adjustment gear seems to be a bit stripped so can't adjust the clock correctly. Clark's sent me another one.

GasDaddy140

Unread post by GasDaddy140 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:35 pm

You have a very sugary Corvair! It is sweet!
Alan Duquette
Rohnert Park, CA
"When in doubt...Hit the gas!" A.J. Foyt.

1965 Corvair Corsa (field find) I will build my ship that comes in.
1971 Dodge Sportsman "shorty" 318 van
2015 Nissan Juke S

Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by Gregory_Miller » Tue May 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Balanced the carbs a bit more and replaced the bad quartz clock with another that keeps good time and I can adjust it.. No oil on the floor under the car so far, fingers crossed. Car show this Saturday.

Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by Gregory_Miller » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Successfully made it to car show and back, still no oil on the floor. :) 5 nice Corvairs in Function 4 Junction this year, I couldn't just say I have the nicest Corvair at this car show, glossing over the fact that often I am the only Corvair at that car show.

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”