Water Leak

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
plrgpr

Water Leak

Post by plrgpr »

After washing my 66 convertible, I discovered that the carpet was damp under the kick panel front drivers side. I took the kick panel off and pulled the carpet back while someone hoses down the outside lower windshield and cowl area. From the inside I discovered a few drips of water coming from underneath the upper drivers side corner of the dash. I’m assuming that the lower windshield channel on the drivers side is rusted. I tried removing the windshield molding with this tool as per some of y’all’s previous comments, to kind of check it out, but I couldn’t even get the molding to come off. So, I’m thinking of having the professionals (Safelite, etc) come out and remove the Windshield and replace it for me once I do the repairs. Question is, from your experience, is there another likely place this water could be coming from? I would hate to go to the expense of having the windshield R&R and find that there is no problem with it. Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
Gary Roberson
66 Vert 140 4-sp Corsa “clone”

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”