Earlies with rims

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Luke Geis

Earlies with rims

Post by Luke Geis »

I am finally starting to build some steam in the restore department. I am looking for rims and tires to put on my 1961, 500. I am looking to put a rim that is 14-16 " and up to 7" wide. However after much research I still don't have a clear answer as to what rim configuration will work. I have found a konig set that looks very similar to the Yenko stinger rims. But I have no info on it's specs. From the research it seems a rim with 4" backspacing and 1" offset is about what I'm looking for. I have read that rims up to 15" will work on the earlies. I have a late model front end on my 61 with the early spindles if that makes a difference.

So what do I want. I am interested in seeing what others have installed on their earlies and what the rim specs are, so I can start doing some better deducing. i also figure this would be a good thread to start getting photo's collected of earlies with rims and specs for better research. Brian Blackwells site has great info, but still leaves me wondering what will actually work.

Thanks all.....
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Earlies with rims

Post by Scott H »

There's some useful info here.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=59
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
cvair4life

Re: Earlies with rims

Post by cvair4life »

Rafee just put some rims on his EM. Check em out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz7alYB1Jq0

and since you can't even see his car in that viddy...

viewtopic.php?f=80&p=8657#p8657
1966 Corsa Coupe

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”