decode a trim code?

Got a Body Tag that needs decoding? Post it here.
Corossa

decode a trim code?

Post by Corossa »

I have a body tag which I have been able to decode using the various decode lists on this forum.There is a lot of very good info in the list. However, I am stumped by a single trim code for a '65 Los Angeles built Monza. The paint code is DD for blue mist poly and the charts says that Los Angeles builds do not list interior colors on the tags but the tag shows a TRIM code of 633, which chartwise speaks to seat configuration on'66's but I can't it find anywhere for '65 year which is the most prolific year?
Also is there a chart that lists the ordering codes (ex. M29-shown only to describe the ordering code for another code that was on the Body Tag) for various option? These would have been used by RPO requests and should be present on a "build sheet" ? After seeing most of the forum I have yet to see any discussion about build sheets claimed to be retained by owners and passed along during subsequent sales. On other forums this is very common relating to history and value, that the build sheets were found over gas tanks and under rear seats etc. to help authenticate vehicles histories and document originality. As the charts say the body tag didn't denote all options etc. only those that directly affected construction of the the Fisher Body Co's. body shells.
thanks ross
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: decode a trim code?

Post by bbodie52 »

:chevy: I have checked several different sources, and all indicate that valid Corvair Body Tag Trim code numbers are all 700-series numbers. None reflect a code 633 for any model year.

Could you possibly post a close-up photo of your car body tag. It might help use to figure out the problem with that trim code number.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Corossa

Post by Corossa »

ooops! 733
mea culpa!
Thanks Brad
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Interior color code 733 is simply "BLUE", as shown on the 1965 Monza and Corsa color data sheet from the 1965 Corvair GM Heritage Center specifications. I have attached a copy of this document, which also includes many Corvair specifications, R.P.O. information, etc.
1965 Monza and Corsa Color Combinations - GM Heritage Center Data
1965 Monza and Corsa Color Combinations - GM Heritage Center Data
Attachments
1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs.pdf
1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Body/VIN Tag Decoding”