Please decode body tag for me 65 Monza vert

Got a Body Tag that needs decoding? Post it here.
bengill

Post by bengill »

I just want to know what options were supposed to come on my car

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Please decode body tag for me 65 Monza vert

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: Welcome back! It has been around four years!! It is good to have you back and "stirring the pot".
Body Tag.jpg
Here is a breakdown of the information on the body tag you provided...
BODY TAG INFO:

05D
Body Build Date: 05 = May D = Fourth Week
The first two digits are numbers 01 through 12, indicating the month of manufacture. The letter is A-E, indicating the week of the month. If the letter is an "D" it indicates the fourth week of the month.

Interior paint code: D = Red

65-10567 WRN 19682 BODY
Style: 65 = 1965 10567: 1 = Chevrolet, 05 = Monza, 67 = 2-Door Convertible 4-Passenger,
WRN = Willow Run, Michigan, Production Sequence No: 19682

1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 2-Door Convertible - 4 Passenger, Total Production: 26,466

TRim: 785- = RED (MONZA 10500 and CORSA 10700 SERIES — Bucket Front Seats)
This 3 digit codes represents the interior color and seat type.

Paint: R-2 = RED "Regal Red", Top Color Code: 2 = BLACK
Lucite No. 4625LH, Rinshed-Mason No. A1712M, Ditzler No. DDL 71472

Example — 1965 Corvair Monza Convertible in Regal Red with Red Interior

ACC = Accessory line
When decoding ACC line on the Fisher body tags, be aware that body tags do not include any options that did not require any body modification be done by Fisher. Fisher was only concerned with items that required modifications during the assembly of the body. A good example is that you won’t find Telescopic column listed on the body tag. Although this is a major option, it did not require any special consideration during body assembly.

D 2M 3C 4P

GROUP 1
D = RPO C06 — Power Top

GROUP 2
M = RPO M35 — Powerglide Automatic Transmission

GROUP 3
C = RPO B70 — Padded Dash

GROUP 4
P = RPO Z01 — Convenience Group (2 speed wipers, washers, day/night inside mirror)

GROUP 5
NONE

This guide will show you how to decode the VIN tag...

105675Wnnnnn
VIN - LM Corvair Passenger Car VIN Tag Decoding.jpg

I have attached a copy of the 1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs for your model year Corvair.
1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs.pdf
1965 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
:chevy: :welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
bengill

Post by bengill »

Thank you so much! Yeah it's been about four years. I got a great deal on this car and I absolutely love it I've been looking for an LM convertible for quite some time!

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I hope that you will post some pictures of your new acquisition and tell us about your search and the car you found. It would be nice to know more about you, your experiences with Corvairs, your future plans for your Corvair, your location, etc.
:dontknow:
Brad Bodie
bengill

Post by bengill »

So my story starts off like this I bought a an EM about four years ago and ended up biting off more than I can chew with the restoration of it. I sold the EM off and started the search for a LM convertible as I really liked the lines in the body style of the LM. And well after searching for about 2 1/2 years I found one last April here in California. Actually plan to purchase it for my birthday which was April 10 but I found out that day that my wife was pregnant with my 2nd. Soooooo. That ended my search until this may when I found the car I purchased in Indiana. I couldn't have found a better car. ImageImageImage

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Congratulations on your 2nd — babies do sometimes disrupt our best Corvair plans! :whoa: And congtatulations on your first LM Corvair! It looks like a beautiful specimen!

We brought our first born (daughter) home from the hospital in our 1965 Corvair convertible.

ImagePregnant Tracy standing next to our 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible, parked in front of our apartment in Warner Robins, Georgia (Fall, 1973)

No longer pregnant Tracy standing at the doorway of our apartment in Warner Robins, Georgia with our newborn daughter Charisse Ann (Spring, 1974)

A few years later after the birth of our son and a one year unaccompanied tour in Taegu, Korea (1976-77), I had our dark green convertible repainted at our next home (Hanscom AFB) in Massachusetts. Painted it red, something like your new Monza! Then shipped it over to Germany for our next assignment near Ramstein Air Base, in southwest Germany, near Kaiserslautern.

Image1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible 140hp 4x1 - Spring 1980 - Base Housing, just after it was repainted Red and a new convertible top was installed. Taken in the parking lot behind base housing at Hanscom Air Force Base. Massachusetts.

Where do you live in California? I was born in California (Van Nuys), grew up in the 1960s in San Jose, finished high school in Thousand Oaks (1971), joined the Air Force, and after tours in Texas, Mississippi, Georgia, Taegu Korea, Massachusetts, Kaiserslautern West Germany, lived in Camarillo, California and on Point Mugu NAS while working as an Air Naional Guard technical advisor in Van Nuys. Then went back for another year in Korea, then Austin, Texas, Riyadh Saudi Arabia, then Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania. Retired from the Air Force in 1996, and finally relocated to Hayesville, North Carolina to take care of my aging father in 2008.
Brad Bodie

Return to “Body/VIN Tag Decoding”