Corvair Futura

Tanks, Boats, Planes, Trikes, and...?
Scott H
Site Admin

Corvair Futura

Post by Scott H »

Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Ragtop Man

Re: Corvair Futura

Post by Ragtop Man »

There seems to be a lot fascination with this car and the reactions run the gamut but there isn't much information on it's history . A buddy of mine texted me today asking me about it along with a picture and said it was a 1954 which I know is wrong so I had to start googling . Of all the the corvair forum threads I read I did not see this article so hopefully it's something new I've discovered . According to the comments of a guy named Henry Larson he built it in 1995 but who knows ! :dontknow: Maybe Wayne Carini would give us some info if he still has the car .
http://www.carmagik.com/2010/05/1958-ka ... a-minivan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

I was cleaning up and found a 2014 Winter Haggerty magazine and the Futura was commented on by Wayne Carini under an article titled "Buyer's Remorse". Wayne said the vehicle was built on a Greenbrier platform and is Corvair powered. He refers to the vehicle as "The Kaiser Aluminum Corvair Futura".
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

I found some discussion from the other forum. Seems Wayne bought the Futura a few years ago. The original builder based it on a designers work who has some connection to Kaiser Aluminum. The platform is claimed to be a Lakewood in the other discussion.

See http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.ph ... 522,218339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “For Anything else Corvair Powered”