Did anyone here know anyone who knew John Fitch or the guys that worked for him

The Sprint by John Fitch
Conradious

Did anyone here know anyone who knew John Fitch or the guys that worked for him

Post by Conradious »

I have a 1965 Corsa, Fitch sprint. I bought in 1985. It was purchased from Kurt Hein, Mr Fitch’s parts manager, by Pete Koehler, president of the Chicago Corsa chapter in 1985. According to Pete it was called FRED, and was the Fitch Works/ Race car.
I was wondering if you knew anyone who might know more about it and/or might have pictures of it from when Mr Fitch owned It.
Also Fred had been damaged on the right rear quarter panel, which Mr Koehler replaced. The rear toe in is still out the rear slots pushed all the way against the right side of the slot. It eats rear tires, when I got the car the camber was out with the tops of the rear wheels tilting to the right. I got the camber corrected but the inner adjustment bolts were so tight I would have had to remove the engine and transmission to get them lose. This says to me that FRED was in a fairly high speed skid to the right.
Thus I was wondering if you knew anyone who might know about that accident.
rhet67

Re: Did anyone here know anyone who knew John Fitch or the guys that worked for him

Post by rhet67 »

My Dad was the west coast distributor for Fitch in 1963-4. His shop was located in the Silverlake district of Los Angeles. My first Corvair was a 63 Fitch Sprint. Rhet

Return to “Fitch Sprints”