Honda B20 turbo in corvair

Non-Traditionally Powered Corvairs
PressurizedPancake

Re: Honda B20 turbo in corvair

Post by PressurizedPancake »

I've been following this project for quite a while now. Glad to see your alternative power working so well. Thanks for documenting it for others to see.

I'm not able to see many of your photos, there is just the word "image". Very interested in your rack installation. Keep up the hot rod spirit, great work and ingenuity!
You're unique, just like everyone else.
MikeDTuning

Post by MikeDTuning »

Thanks, ill get some picture up of the new setup, The rack works very well, (i just realized its been a year since install) I had to make some refinements to the tie rods, However this means everybody else gets to learn from my mistakes

ill pick the front end up, and get some more pictures of it for the forum to see! i will also post a direct link to my IMGUR page, where i store all of these photos, incase they get removed/lost

Mike d
Honda B20 turbo powered corvair. Is it the first honda powered corvair out there?
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

Wheres the pics im interested in this swap!
Drive it like you stole it
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
64 monza convertible 4 spd
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

Found them nevermind! This is crazy!! Ive though about this for a long time cool to see im not the only one
Drive it like you stole it
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
64 monza convertible 4 spd
Grand Ledge, Michigan
MikeDTuning

Post by MikeDTuning »

Figured id let everybody know that the car is still kicking! a good friend who is a professional photographer offered to snap a few photos. They turned out awesome, and probably make the car look better than it does in person. ( not that i'm complaining) In other news, i think in the long run, i would like to transplant all my goodies into a hardtop. and have slowly been on the lookout. I would prefer a lower milage, good paint, all there one. Preferably with either really undesireable options (think 90hp automatic) or with a major powertrain issue. will ship if its its the right car/right price situation. Anybody know of one?

Honda B20 turbo powered corvair. Is it the first honda powered corvair out there?
chris

Post by chris »

Looks great!
Newanderthal

Post by Newanderthal »

Would you consider converting another Corvair to a B20? What about making a conversion kit?
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

MikeDTuning wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 pm i would like to transplant all my goodies into a hardtop. I would prefer a lower mileage, good paint, all there one. Preferably with either really undesirable options (think 90hp automatic) or with a major powertrain issue.
If you find a Corvair like that, they usually get scooped up quickly and someone (like me) fixes the mechanical issues, drives it for a few months and then sells it for a nice profit. 95 HP engines are actually not that undesirable to some of us Vair folks. Craigslist is full of Corvairs with missing engines but you are unlikely to find a candidate there with low miles and good paint.

I'm back to working on my EJ20T swap but that is in a 65 4-door Monza. If it goes well I'll transfer everything into a 66 coupe waiting in the wings.

Did you get many PM's after your Honda swap was mentioned on FB the other day?
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
MikeDTuning

Post by MikeDTuning »

i did, but i did not see where it was mentioned, Anybody have a link to where it was posted?
iakona

Post by iakona »

hello!

i joined just because of you and the other gentleman with the SR20 powered Corvair. i just wanted to say to you as well 'good on you!!' and i am super interested in your build. just fantastic.

Return to “V8's - V6's - and...?”