Could have had a V8!

Non-Traditionally Powered Corvairs
CtCarGuy

Could have had a V8!

Post by CtCarGuy »

I am looking for a mid-engine Corvair V8. I had a V8 Corvair that used the Toronado setup (Torvair) but really want a mid engine. I am not looking for a major project but I can do interiors, electrical and possibly paint but no body work. I prefer a turn-key. Right now I am selling my 1971 Pontiac GTO Pro-Touring car to generate some funds. This car is listed at $28,500. I would be interested in trading the GTO for a really nice V8 Corvair plus some cash to make up the difference. Otherwise I need to wait to sell the GTO to afford the Corvair.

I have pictures of the GTO if desired. The V8Vair will be next to my 65 Corsa Turbo in my garage.

Larry in CT
Phil Dally

Re: Could have had a V8!

Post by Phil Dally »

If no pictures it didn't happen...lets see that GTO!!!
Attachments
lights.JPG
CA Central Coast
Vairy V8 Rides Again.
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Today
Been Associated With Fifty!!
CtCarGuy

Post by CtCarGuy »

Customized 1971 GTO
In 2009, this car was disassembled and rebuilt with the goal of completing the 4400 mile 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour. The car was re-assembled with upgraded parts and improvements to insure a problem free trip.
This car traveled to Iowa, then through the south to Mobile AL and back to Connecticut without a single problem. Upgrades include air conditioning, custom-built 200R4 4-speed transmission with lock up converter, built in auxiliary gauges AM/FM radio, additional power circuits plus a long list of other items. The body was stripped to bare metal after the tour and was found to be 100% rust free. The paint is custom and the interior has been totally redone.
Attachments
P8250099.JPG
P8250107.JPG
P8250094.JPG
USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

Here in South Dakota there is a guy that is selling a V8 corvair. the car is solid and well taken care of.
CtCarGuy

Post by CtCarGuy »

Can you provide more information? Contact etc. Thanks.

Return to “V8's - V6's - and...?”