The Spousal Avoidance Unit build

Non-Traditionally Powered Corvairs
hrm2k

Re: The Spousal Avoidance Unit build

Post by hrm2k »

I'm trying to find a new place to park some pictures and still be able to show them here.

what you see is the new grill I put together for the opening

thewolfe
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by thewolfe »

Nice work, that looks sweet! Most v8 builds with the radiator up front you see the front end hacked up with grills that just don't look right but yours looks very natural and clean.
Nate Wolfe
65 Corsa 180
61 Lakewood 140
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

thewolfe wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:43 amMost v8 builds with the radiator up front you see the front end hacked up with grills that just don't look right...
Like this one? I didn't do this radiator install but someday I'll redo it. At least the section between the headlights was spared.

Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
toytron

Post by toytron »

Hrm2k that grill looks like it was always there. Great work.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
CorvairCon65

Post by CorvairCon65 »

There's something almost Aston Martin about that grill. I like it a lot, good work!
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Is there any chance that the pictures from this thread can be found anywhere as I am going to look at a project Corvair tomorrow that has a Caddy engine and transmission in the back, but it would be nice to see what it should look like.
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

I don't know how much longer you will be able to view this link. photobucket has turned out really strange.

http://s267.photobucket.com/user/formsp ... t=3&page=1

IF you have some specific questions about our pros and cons, drop me an e-mail at
hotrod_man_2000@yahoo.com
sure hope that is ok to do that
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Hi thanks for that, the link still sort of works I could only get thumbnails. What on earth have they done to photobucket ? It really is messed up now all pop ups and adverts not to mention the blackmail they are trying to inflict on users. Anyway back to the car, I decided to walk away as the shell just wasn't good enough. It is hard to tell how bad it is from the pictures the drivers door has dropped and the C pillar has got a crack in the filler which I suspect is hiding a lot of rust. The work that had been done to fit the engine was pretty good, but a long way off finished. Once I had decided not to buy it the seller did mention that he had to have some front end repairs done when he was running it stock and found lots of newspaper and filler. I suspect it would of made the "bondo bucket" car look prestine. Thanks for your help Martin
The car in question
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chevrolet-cor ... 1438.l2649
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

good move on your part. The crack in the rear sail panel would have made me stop in my tracks.
If, by any chance, you decide to try this with another car, I have all the pictures on a back up drive and can send you what ever you want to see..........
V6corvair

Post by V6corvair »

panhard65 wrote:Is there any chance that the pictures from this thread can be found anywhere as I am going to look at a project Corvair tomorrow that has a Caddy engine and transmission in the back, but it would be nice to see what it should look like.

Sent from my iPad using Corvair Forum mobile app
Trip

Post by Trip »

hrm2k wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:29 pm I'm trying to find a new place to park some pictures and still be able to show them here.

what you see is the new grill I put together for the opening

That is my favorite front-radiator installation I've ever seen on a Corvair. I've always thought that if I built a Corv-8 (which I hope I will do some day) I'd go with the less-than-great radiator in the engine room setup just to preserve the front end. Your setup here convinces me that a front radiator might be an option. Of course there is the pesky fact that I don't expect I'll ever be able to afford a Corv-8 that is within my abilities to fix up.... minor details! :doh:
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

Thanks Trip.........I appreciate the kind words
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

I found these links on another message board. While they do make all the images show up again on this site, I could not get it to work on any other site. If you follow these links and make sure to click the add incognito box, you should be able to view any of the missing photobucket images

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ix/?src=ss

or

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...a ... 9134784180
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:cool: I can see again!

:whoa: ::-): ::-): :not worthy: :clap: :clap:

This app really worked to get rid of that pesky Photobucket block that prevented images from displaying. I tested the fix using Google Chrome to try to view the Hidden VIN Locations viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3000 that had previoiusly been blocked by the new Photobucket image sharing restriction. Before installing this APP on Google Chrome, the images of the hidden VIN locations could no longer be seen because of the new Photobucket pay or be blocked by their web hosting money grab policy. Then I installed the free app, and the Photobucket block no longer worked. ALL OF THE IMAGES CAN NOW BE VIEWED AGAIN!

:link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/sear ... 9134784180

THIS ANNOYING MESSAGE IS NOW HISTORY!
Photobucket Message.jpg
Photobucket Message.jpg (57.53 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
hrm2k

Post by hrm2k »

Just when you thought it was safe to get back on the board without me posting............... :nono:

The car has been off the road and up on jack stands for almost a year getting some changes made...................today was a big day !!!!!! :tu:

The Corvair is back on it's wheels and tires and ready to roll. We had already found that we didn't have any leaks or anything. It was just a matter of putting the axles back together and putting it all back on the car. One really major ( to me ) change was changing the springs in the back. We had used 300 lbs springs on the coil overs in the back. The car was slowly sinking. If you look at the pictures from last year, the rear tires are up inside the wheel wells. The new 450 lb springs raised the car back up...it also got the axles parallel to the ground. here is how it looks now

taking it for it's first ride tomorrow...........December 19th, 60 degrees .........................film at 11

Don't forget The boss.....................make a donation to keep the doors open
V6corvair

Post by V6corvair »

Tell us more about your coil overs . Brand, length,compressed & extended .
Sure happy to see back on the road . Keep on go in !

Sent from my iPad using Corvair Forum mobile app

Return to “V8's - V6's - and...?”