In Car Race Video

(and the DANA COPO)
vairmech

In Car Race Video

Post by vairmech »

Since there isn't a lot here about member cars I'll put up my latest weekend. For the first video - Here is the first day's race report.

It really is pretty unexciting. I go out for practice qualifying in the morning. I do the normal warm up stuff for most of the first lap and the car feels really good. On the last part of the lap I push the car a little so I can get a feel for it and it is really good. The car is pulling strong and as I come past start finish, turn 1 is right there. I do my normal thing I have done probably a 1000 times at this track but when I turned the steering wheel the car continued to go straight! As soon as 2 wheels went off I tried turning the wheel to get the car to respond but it was all over and I slid all the way into the gravel trap! Since I was far enough off the track they left me there for the rest of the session. It took a little bit to get me out because I was 4 wheels deep in the pea gravel. They finally got me out and I tried to shake as much gravel out of the car before I got back but I still had to remove all 4 wheels and remove the gravel from the brake drums. When I took the front deck lid off there was gravel everywhere in the trunk area as it is not sealed and is also where the fuel cell is. I scooped at least 6 hand full of gravel out of the trunk area.

Without any time I started at the back of the group for the class race and that was fine with me. On the full warm up lap I could hear the gravel coming out of the car, I was also trying to get it out. when the green flag dropped I was a little cautious and I just wanted to finish. The funny thing is I was driving harder into turn 1 than when I went off! The rest of the race was me just making laps but not really loosing a lot of ground. Now keep in mind I am running old DOT tires and NOT slicks. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
vairmech

Re: In Car Race Video

Post by vairmech »

For all you folks here is another video it is pretty non exciting except where I an trying to stay in front of a Triumph Spitfire and at turn 3 I do an almost 360 and continue. This is the Sunday morning race.

Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
vairmech

Re: In Car Race Video

Post by vairmech »

Here is the afternoon race. This race started out to be an excellent run until the shifter came loose. You can hear it in the video.

I can't stress enough that these other people are on slicks and I am on old DOT race tires that are worn out. When I go out again I will have slicks also!

Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez

Return to “Yenko Stingers”