Large cache of potential Corvair turbo parts

Humor, Politics, etc...
miniman82

Large cache of potential Corvair turbo parts

Post by miniman82 »

Scott: I'm posting this here since there's more traffic in this forum, because I need to get the word out quickly. My apologies.

OK gents, here's the skinny. I found a large amount of turbos and turbo parts on Cleveland Craigslist, but the trouble is they are a little out of my way and I couldn't cover the total asking price all by myself anyway. I have contacted the seller, who has told me there's 3 sets (6 or more) of complete Rajay turbo units and other assorted parts (all appear to be NIB/NOS), along with V8 turbo stuff like intakes and exhaust manifolds. Rajays are what Corvairs use, so I feel like this could be a great score for guys who are looking to upgrade.

As you may or may not know, Rajay parts are getting increasingly hard to source due to a buyout of the company (multiple times, really). You don't want to know how much the current production stuff costs, it's strictly aviation based. My feeling is these parts are worth saving, but I need some help so here is what I'm proposing:

If we can get enough cash together (seller asks $4000 take all but I'm working on that), and someone in the Cleveland area to pick the parts up, we could save these parts for use by those in our hobby circle. Deals like this do not come around often, so we need to work quickly before someone else snaggs it.

We could keep track of how much people are putting in, and divvy up the spoils accordingly. For example, even if there really is only 6~7 turbos, that comes out to around $650 each. Remember though, this stuff is NOS, and there is more than just the turbos.

Let me know if any of you are interested via PM, I'll be putting money on this as well so none of you would be alone should you choose to get involved in the dealings. I have a Paypal account we could put the money in, then send it to the seller when the time comes for example. Or, we could mail checks to the 'pickup man'. Let me know.

Here's a few pics of the goods, just to tease you:

Click it!
miniman82

Re: Large cache of potential Corvair turbo parts

Post by miniman82 »

Bump, seller says he's willing to sell the turbo stuff seperate from the twin turbo V8 kit!
Soembody send me a PM!
Click it!
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

BTW, there are potential E-flow upgrades for those who are able to contribute...
Click it!
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

If I had the extra $$. :(
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Just got back from picking the stuff up in South Bend, IN.
Holy *(^&$^%, it's gonna take some time to go through all of it...

2 nearly complete V8 small block turbo kits (a Martin system, and an adapter system for use with a stock intake), a ton of spares, and a few complete turbo units and rebuild parts. All of which were NOS, by the way. hehe

Turns out there was also a bunch of larger stuff like for diesel trucks which I obviously won't be able to use, so I'm gonna contact Area Diesel Service to see if they can offer me anything for it. It's mostly turbine shafts and a ton of bearings, thrust components, carbon seals, manuals, and other assorted hardware. Hopefully they can give me something for it, because I'll never use it.
Click it!
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Sweet! You'll be busy for awhile. :evil:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)

Return to “Off Topic”