chevrolet impala trivia question/challenge?

Humor, Politics, etc...
larrybuck

chevrolet impala trivia question/challenge?

Post by larrybuck »

I recently was watching the full sixth season of Mr. Monk. In one show, it showed his wife Trudy getting into an all white plain Impala with dog dish hubcaps, as she turns the key igniting the bomb. I'm trying to pinpoint the exact proper year of this Chevy. It was old enough to have a real chrome front bumper. I don't remember the grille design, as I think that tip would really help. I recently had a stats Chevy book from the library that might have helped me, but I had to return it before watching "that" show. I could make the effort to place that book on hold for myself once again; but thought it might be more fun to pick your brains! I would see this car as a cheap cross country touring car..... fun to make a clone maybe with a custom Trudy M front plate! Cheaper than other TV cars! I'd probably put a 6.2 D in it to get around 30mpg. .... would enjoy your thoughts! Aloha!
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: chevrolet impala trivia question/challenge?

Post by UNSAFE »

Need another clue or two . They had chrome bumpers from 1958 thru at least 1980 or so.

Did it have tailfins ?

Here's a great place to find all kinds of car photos.

http://stores.ebay.com/Walter-Miller-Au ... id=3472335
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
larrybuck

Post by larrybuck »

Thanks for your input Kevin! The reason I mentioned a chrome front bumper is because the lack of them now. From your pics., I'm thinking somewhere between '79 and '84 or so. I just don't know which yr. they quit the chrome altogether. My easiest yrs. for identification are (any Chevies, full sized) '53-'70 I wouldn't be wrong, even at gunpoint w life threatened! A misspent youth? Aloha!
larrybuck

Post by larrybuck »

Thanks to Swampthings response in the post below titled Cars you may have owned, I was able to narrow the field down, and could probably get away with any '79-'89. The newer euro style came next (fish bowl ?) Aloha!

Return to “Off Topic”