Do you enjoy watchin skillful driving/riding regardless ?

Humor, Politics, etc...
larrybuck

Do you enjoy watchin skillful driving/riding regardless ?

Post by larrybuck »

Regardless of name brands? If you go on U Tube to Rally Movies to the Ford Capri on snow, you will see some amazing car control! Toward the end, he does get fairly close to a guard rail. Also; if you get a DVD on any recent yrs. coverage of the annual Isle Of Man Motorcycle Racing, one of the special features is a bike mounted video showing just what YOU WOULD SEE if you were riding the course yourself w data at the same time showing lean angles, speed, etc... The course is on normal roads in and out of small towns, inches from curbs and rock walls, and each lap is like 34 miles or so with speeds up to 170mph finishing a lap in about 17 minutes or so. ( I haven't watched my 2004 edition in a while because I let a friend borrow it!) I don't know about you, but a lot of times when maybe I've had a rough, fustrating day; I find it very relaxing to watch this kind of action. On a rainy day, it almost clears my head like an actual motorcycle ride does! I bet Kevin would have probably more opportunity to drive various Vairs in that snowy Rally style on quiet roads if he chose to than the rest of us! A few months ago, I found a Killer Car video on U Tube where two friends acted out a short flick showing a guy walking down a country gravel road; and then a guy in an LM tries to chase him down! I was silly enough not to bookmark this, and have been unable to re=find it! Did any of you see it? But more importantly; could you share your favorites with us??? Thanks, Aloha!
65Ragtop

Re: Do you enjoy watchin skillful driving/riding regardless

Post by 65Ragtop »

I have been watching the British touring car championships recently. Seriously good racing! No parades with a drag race at the end.....or cars made out of unobtainium driven by...well....you know. I had almost given up watching until I found this series. The Isle of Man has always been a favorite of mine as well.

I think the chase movie you are talking about is called the "Outsiders".
Attachments
1999 f
1999 f
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
mart

Post by mart »

I agree with you on the touring cars, but it was even better a few years ago, there was a bigger variety of cars racing, including a very successful works Volvo team using station wagons.!!!!!! Although it is virtually a one make series now, the drivers still have a huge passion and a will to win...at any cost. Has anyone seen the videos of a friend of mine...Russ Swift? He now mainly does TV,Film and exhibition work but used to be a fairly successful Rally driver, not bad for a VW mechanic from Darlo. By the way he still drives a VW beetle (among many other things) and his mother still drives the beetle she bought new in the 1970's
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Being a Mini owner, I'm a big fan of skillful driving. For example:

Click it!
larrybuck

Post by larrybuck »

Hey Mini man! That was awesome. I wasn't expecting the reverse wheelie at the end. That does make me wonder if he doesn't have adjustable brake bias controls.... or a more juvenile thought that he has an E- brake on sterroids!!!! Aloha!

Return to “Off Topic”