Mr Trump

Humor, Politics, etc...
rfw66

Re: Mr Trump

Unread post by rfw66 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 am

I think that we, who are outside the DC Beltway, would be for term limits. However, the problem lies with the Senate itself. They will NOT vote to eliminate the cash cow, influence peddling, career that they have.
I would think that it would take each state’s registered voters to reel in the corruption by initiating and installing term limits on the Senate races or rather all elected offices.
The problem then raises its head when the incumbent office holders and their party scream about it not being constitutional.................. blah blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by bbodie52 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Passed by Congress in 1947, and ratified by the states on February 27, 1951, the Twenty-Second Amendment limits an elected president to two terms in office, a total of eight years. However, it is possible for an individual to serve up to ten years as president.

Image what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander (also what’s good for the goose is good for the gander)

If Congress will not pass an amendment to the Constitution to limit terms for members of Congress, there is another method for developing an amendment to the Constitution by having the state legislatures hold a Constitutional Convention of States to develop an amendment to the Constitution...

Article Five of the United States Constitution describes the process whereby the Constitution, the nation's frame of government, may be altered. Altering the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or amendments and subsequent ratification. Amendments may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a convention of states called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. To become part of the Constitution, an amendment must be ratified by either—as determined by Congress—the legislatures of three-quarters of the states or state ratifying conventions in three-quarters of the states. The vote of each state (to either ratify or reject a proposed amendment) carries equal weight, regardless of a state's population or length of time in the Union

:link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_F ... nstitution
Article Five of the United States Constitution wrote:Article. V.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Jim in Wis.

Unread post by Jim in Wis. » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:58 pm

It sort of seems to me that we already have a mechanism for term limits, it's called elections. What we need are citizens who are educated and motivated to vote.

vairsquared

Unread post by vairsquared » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:00 pm

As long as we have political tribalism, nothing will change. This "our side", "their side" crap is killing the country. We also have a severe problem in our country when it comes down to a few highly gerrymandered districts picking who our president is...republican or democratic. Its sad when someone can lose the popular vote by millions and still get to the oval office. That hardly fosters the urge to vote among most of the electorate. Most states don't even matter in the election....always comes down to a handful of states. Nothing against them, but why the hell should they pick the next leader of the free world and everyone else is cut out of the process? Its not the people in Washington, its the process dummy! Washington has always been full of dumb asses but before we computer modeled the presidential election to death, installed voters suppression laws, and gave corporations (and pacs) the ability to control everything, we the people had much more to say about things. If you think you the states or politicians to would ever lift a finger to fix things, you are out of your mind. Things are not on the track to getting better, but on the track to getting worse. The jackass in the white house thinks he's a dictator and if we bend to his will, he will become one. Many of his self aggrandizing and self enriching actions are what you see while the seeds of a dictatorship are being sewn. Hang on!

Thomas Pedigo

Unread post by Thomas Pedigo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Corvair88 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm a little curios as for what Corvair owners think of the relatively new president of the United states of America. Mr Donald J Trump.

As for myself I do not like rich people with inflated egos who only go for a prize because it is shiny. :think:

Best regards from over the pond :neener:
He's a dirty rotton scoundrel and an embarrassment to 64% of ALL Americans.
'61 standard Loadside
'62 standard PG 8-door Corvan

Jim in Wis.

Unread post by Jim in Wis. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:12 pm

I bet he never had his big fat ass in a Corvair!

nmunn

Unread post by nmunn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:42 pm

No offense, but I come here because it’s a car site. If you have political opinions can you please take them to a site appropriate. And if you don’t have anything positive to say, why say it?

Jim in Wis.

Unread post by Jim in Wis. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:00 pm

"Off Topic" section!
As far as only saying "positive" things, well I guess that worked ok for Polyanna.

nmunn

Mr Trump

Unread post by nmunn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Of course. But as someone that has been a public servant and given time to try to make our system better, I recommend getting involved in activity aimed at fixing the system. Run for office, volunteer, help in a campaign. Do something, if your not happy, to better the system. But hey, if airing your issues on an ‘off topic’ section of a specialty car web forum makes you feel good and contributory - then by all means, go for it.

Thomas Pedigo

Unread post by Thomas Pedigo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:51 pm

See?

Opinions about Trump are only welcomed if it's a compliment and "positive". Without attacking any one person,I can honestly say that the Corvair hobby is mostly made up of elderly Caucasian folk and for the majority of geriatrics,they simply can't stand that anybody might not subscribe to Trump's pathological,narcissistic, unethical,racist,self-dealing,excessive golfing,fake Christian, fraudulent and obstructing of justice ways.

The OP asked for opinions,and opinions are what he shall receive. Whether the pro-Trump crowd likes it or not.
'61 standard Loadside

nmunn

Mr Trump

Unread post by nmunn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Thomas, I encourage you to do more with your ‘opinions’ than post on obscure automotive websites. I know it makes you feel good, but there are so many better uses of your valuable time. Also there are plenty of support forums and help site for people with anger issues if the current POTUS is creating that big of issue for you. There are so many ways everyone can contribute and make the system better. Whomever you support and whatever opinion you have, get involved.

Thomas Pedigo

Unread post by Thomas Pedigo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:09 pm

nmunn

I will express my opinion wherever I see fit.
Your condescension,however,did not go unnoticed.
Your attempts to squash anti-Trump comments and opinions are a futile effort at best.

Good day,sir.
'61 standard Loadside

nmunn

Mr Trump

Unread post by nmunn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Thomas, If you’ll go back and review, you’ll find I purposely haven’t express any political position or opinion in my statements. I’ve simply asked it to be done in a more appropriate forum and offered, as a suggestion, people’s time could be better directed to achieve the outcomes they desire. Good day to you as well.

64powerglide

Unread post by 64powerglide » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:34 pm

I got this from a retired Navy Veteran. I thought it was interesting if true.
Attachments
ElectoralExplanationofTrumpWin..jpg
ElectoralExplanationofTrumpWin..jpg (123.62 KiB) Viewed 122 times
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..

1949chevy

Unread post by 1949chevy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 am

No, as a Navy veteran, this veteran's BS is BS.

FACTS:
Hillary won the popular vote, she got 65,800,000 votes...trump got 62,900,000 votes..Hillary by 2,900,000 votes NOT THE 1,500,000 votes reported by the Navy Veteran. I would take his complete statement with a grain of salt. By the way, trump lost the popular vote by 10,700,000 votes counting all independents like Stein.

You don't win an election by U S state counties...that is to inflate numbers and make you think it was a LANDSLIDE VICTORY. You win by the electoral vote in each state, tummmp won by 3 states, MI, WI, and PA. He won by a combined total of 77,000 votes in those 3 states....about the size of my little city in NC. By the way, over 80 voter machines broke down in DETROIT on election day...deleting about 186,000 votes.

When I see LIES...I just have to reply.

FoiledAgain

President Caligula

Unread post by FoiledAgain » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Never have seen such a bunch of victims in my natural-born life as Trump apologists.

When the whole stinking edifice comes crashing down, guess what they'll do?

Blame Obama, that's what they'll do. Blame Hillary. Blame the libtards. Blame everyone but themselves.

But one can blame a thieving, corrupt, ignorant, racist punk like Trump only so far for what's coming - it took a whole lot of ignorance and gullibility to make this disaster happen. So take a bow, chumps.

You own this.

And when it's over, if there's anything left, we'll end up having to clean up the mess. Like we always do. Every single time.

And do not for one damn second tell us we didn't warn you.

Return to “Off Topic”