Mr Trump

Humor, Politics, etc...
Bruins_Fan

Re: Mr Trump

Unread post by Bruins_Fan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Thomas Pedigo wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:09 pm
nmunn

I will express my opinion wherever I see fit.
Your condescension,however,did not go unnoticed.
Your attempts to squash anti-Trump comments and opinions are a futile effort at best.

Good day,sir.
And members may use the "ignore" function to avoid seeing it.

Good Day!

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by bbodie52 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Thomas Pedigo wrote:Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 pm

See?

Opinions about Trump are only welcomed if it's a compliment and "positive". Without attacking any one person,I can honestly say that the Corvair hobby is mostly made up of elderly Caucasian folk and for the majority of geriatrics,they simply can't stand that anybody might not subscribe to Trump's pathological,narcissistic, unethical,racist,self-dealing,excessive golfing,fake Christian, fraudulent and obstructing of justice ways.
FoiledAgain wrote:Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:12 am

Never have seen such a bunch of victims in my natural-born life as Trump apologists.

When the whole stinking edifice comes crashing down, guess what they'll do?

Blame Obama, that's what they'll do. Blame Hillary. Blame the libtards. Blame everyone but themselves.

But one can blame a thieving, corrupt, ignorant, racist punk like Trump only so far for what's coming - it took a whole lot of ignorance and gullibility to make this disaster happen. So take a bow, chumps.

You own this.

And when it's over, if there's anything left, we'll end up having to clean up the mess. Like we always do. Every single time.

And do not for one damn second tell us we didn't warn you.
:doh:

debate.org wrote:It's called maturity... Yes. If they have to resort to name-calling and insults, then that just proves how weak they are and that their argument/viewpoint is completely unsubstantial and flawed. I consider these people inferior and take great pleasure at laughing at them. If you can't state your case in a non-confrontational, equanimous, logical, and polite manner, then I have no respect for you and don't take you seriously.
:link: http://www.debate.org/opinions/isnt-som ... nnecessary
:tu: :clap:

I shudder sometimes at President Trump's somewhat coarse statements and Twitter comments. At other times he can demonstrate composure, dignity, and a very Presidential presentation. He constantly has to defend his Presidency against a continuous onslaught of personal attacks from the Press and from political adversaries. He is 71 and works much harder than many who are much younger. He could relax and retire, but he chooses to commit many of his remaining years to serve his country. He is far from perfect, makes mistakes, and has to make course corrections as he works in very unfamiliar Political territory. But he gets results that our country benefits from. Overall, I believe we are headed in the right direction.

The name-calling negative statements really accomplish nothing, because they are not presented with any evidence to back them up. I spent 24 years in the Air Force in service to my country. I don't remember any President, of either party, being so disrespected. Criticized? Certainly! Every President deserves criticism, and if it is constructive in nature, and seeks the best for our country, so much the better.

The name calling and hostility that has been all too typical in the Senate and House of Representatives shows how poorly the members of Congress really "represent" their states and districts. The two political parties have brought our government to a bitter stalemate, with almost no debate or compromise even possible anymore. The attitude toward our President shows similar degradation, and the word "patriotism" now seems to refer only to a vigorous support for one's political party. Our country is torn in ways that would seem to emulate attitudes that built in our nation as we moved ultimately in the 1800's to the Civil War. Is a similar disruption and breakdown in our nation looming on the horizon?

That being said, I am interested in results. President Trump's results of his efforts are still being considered and evaluated. I would like to see Congress have a much larger impact on our country's future, and with both parties working together in honest debate and compromise to find solutions that will serve our country well. The stalemate in Congress left the Executive Branch in the Obama years and now in the Trump administration increasingly having to make decisions for our nation while Congress continues locked in an ineffective political struggle that serves our nation very poorly. Imagine how much better it would be if the Congress could work effectively in meaningful debate and with respect for all of the people they supposedly represent in their home states that might lead to compromise with the best possible outcome for the Nation being the ultimate goal of the legislators.

BIG LIST OF 170 TRUMP ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 340 DAYS
Most comprehensive compilation of 1st-year achievements
Published: 11/17/2017 at 6:56 PM

:link: http://www.wnd.com/2017/11/4621979/

Commentary: 3 Things Donald Trump Did Right This Year
:link: http://fortune.com/2017/12/20/donald-tr ... lishments/
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

CorvairJer

Unread post by CorvairJer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Brexit, Tump Win Win.

vairsquared

Unread post by vairsquared » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:08 am

Wow...really? Trumps bungled attempts at immigration and approving a pipeline that has sprung leak... You think those are accomplishments...? Holy hell.

davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by davemotohead » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:42 am

:rolling: I think you all need a Group Hug! :rolling:
davemotohead93560@yahoo.com
My web site : http://motoheadmall.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by bbodie52 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:19 am

vairsquared wrote:Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Wow...really? Trumps bungled attempts at immigration and approving a pipeline that has sprung leak... You think those are accomplishments...? Holy hell.
Sure, I would expect President Trump to be held responsible for that pipeline leak, and for the root ball that clogged my septic tank last month, too!

19 rail cars derailed in Plainfield, IL, and three leaked crude oil on July 2nd, 2017. PRESIDENT TRUMP'S FAULT! About 40,000 gallons of spilled Canadian crude oil hit the dirt. Local authorities on Saturday issued a call for an investigation by federal authorities into the derailment, which has polluted the environment and could have been much worse had any of the spilled oil burst into flame. Alert Special Counsel Robert Mueller to add this to his ongoing investigation!

The derailment of an oil train in Oregon's Columbia River Gorge follows a string of fiery accidents in the U.S. and Canada as shipments of crude by rail have increased with more domestic oil production. A train carrying 3 million gallons of North Dakota crude derailed during a snowstorm Feb. 16, 2015.

July 5: A runaway Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway train that had been left unattended derailed, spilling oil and catching fire inside the town of Lac-Megantic in Quebec. Forty-seven people were killed and 30 buildings burned in the town's center. About 1.6 million gallons of oil was spilled. The oil was being transported from the Bakken region of North Dakota, the heart of an oil fracking boom, to a refinery in Canada.

Nov. 8: An oil train from North Dakota derailed and exploded near Aliceville, Alabama. There were no deaths, but an estimated 749,000 gallons of oil spilled from 26 tanker cars.

Dec. 30: A fire engulfed tank cars loaded with oil on a Burlington Northern Santa Fe train after a collision about a mile from Casselton, North Dakota. No one was injured, but more than 2,000 residents were evacuated as emergency responders struggled with the intense fire.

Jan. 7: A 122-car Canadian National Railway train derailed in New Brunswick, Canada. Three cars containing propane and one car transporting crude oil from western Canada exploded after the derailment, creating intense fires that burned for days. About 150 residents were evacuated.

All of the above occurred on President Obama's watch. His fault???? Perhaps he shouldn't have held up the Keystone Pipeline so long.

But wait...
the two-way BREAKING NEWS FROM NPR wrote:Keystone Spill Likely Caused By Construction Damage, Investigators Say
November 29, 2017, 6:24 PM ET

The Keystone Pipeline is a 2,687-mile crude oil pipeline that runs from Alberta, Canada, to Nebraska, where it then splits, with one portion running to Illinois and the other to Texas. It is owned by TransCanada, the same firm that is seeking to build the controversial Keystone XL pipeline.

The spill happened on rural farmland near the small community of Amherst, S.D., and was initially estimated to have released some 210,000 gallons of crude. Federal investigators say that they now have an "unconfirmed lower spill estimate," without specifying how much.

According to a report released by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, the company detected a pressure drop in the pipeline early in the morning on Nov. 16 and started to shut it down three minutes later.

They say the spill was likely caused because of mechanical damage that occurred when this portion of the pipeline was built in 2008...
:link: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... gators-say

Pipeline damage that occurred in 2008 was the cause. Train spills in 2013, 2014, 2015... Wasn't that President Obama's fault? :doh:

As for immigration reform...

Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers... The law granted amnesty to nearly 3 million illegal immigrants, yet was largely considered unsuccessful because the strict sanctions on employers were stripped out of the bill for passage. And Congress and subsequent Presidents who followed President Reagan has done little to fix the problem in several decades. President Trump is trying to secure our borders, limit foreign access to the USA, etc. to try to protect our nation from terrorist threats. Bungled attempts? Are you blaming all of this immigration reform mess on the new President as he attempts to light a fire under Congress to pass funding and legislation to clean up the mess?

Congress has been stuck in neutral for decades as the political war between the two parties continues to escalate and stifles any meaningful legislation. I believe that President Trump is trying to get our government to focus on the needs of our country, and to set aside the political war that short circuits the function of the Legislative Branch that was intended by the founding fathers who wrote the Constitution.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

'stitch'

Unread post by 'stitch' » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 am

Touche' Brad!

notched

Unread post by notched » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 pm

They need fresh blood in the Senate and the house. There are people there who have been there 20, 30, 40 years and accomplished nothing except lining their pockets. There is no reason for 80 and 90 year old people to be making decisions. They should have a mandatory retirement age and a cap on how many years they can serve. This is the only way we can be assured of effective governance and getting younger people in there that better represent the current demographics of the different districts.
1966 Corsa turbo
1969 Monza convertible
1987 Buick Grand National

vairsquared

Unread post by vairsquared » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Sorry brad. I tried but I just couldn't read through your usual overly long posts. Obviously a leak in the pipeline is not trumps fault. I was being facetious. The immigration plan is a mess. Courts have said so. I admire your conviction in supporting this guy, as I'll placed as it, but he is only in it to enrich himself and hs fat cat friends. Time will prove that point.

Btw I meant to thank for your service a few post back but didn't. Thank you!

rfw66

Unread post by rfw66 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:29 am

The Presidency has term limits. Why not the same for every elected office, local, state and federal. They should NOT be able to retire with the huge pensions, have a separate health care system or be in a “cradle to grave” position either. Why should their Service to our government be more valuable than an armed serviceman or women’s ?
I think they become the “fat cats” of the nation at our expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe

PaulR

Unread post by PaulR » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:11 pm

notched wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 pm
They need fresh blood in the Senate and the house. There are people there who have been there 20, 30, 40 years and accomplished nothing except lining their pockets. There is no reason for 80 and 90 year old people to be making decisions. They should have a mandatory retirement age and a cap on how many years they can serve. This is the only way we can be assured of effective governance and getting younger people in there that better represent the current demographics of the different districts.
But everyone seems to like their own representatives. It is always the others that should be thrown out.
1964 Monza convertible 110/PG

Bruins_Fan

Unread post by Bruins_Fan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm

PaulR wrote:
notched wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:19 pm
But everyone seems to like their own representatives. It is always the others that should be thrown out.
Mine suck. Image

Sent from my [device_name] using Corvair Forum mobile app

notched

Unread post by notched » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:53 am

PaulR wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Not really sure if that was supposed to be a cryptic message. I am certainly not a fan of mine. Nor am I a fan of some of the other ones in other districts who are certainly there for themselves and not for the people they are supposed to represent. Thus I stand by what I said. They need to get rid of some of the old, dead wood there and get term limits and mandatory retirement age.
1966 Corsa turbo
1969 Monza convertible
1987 Buick Grand National

Danny Joe

Unread post by Danny Joe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm

I am in total agreement with notched. If the office of President is limited to 10 years, then senators (lower case intended) and congressmen shouldn't have any more longevity. The party machines will ensure all the continuity necessary. At least then the senators and congressmen will be looking more to the future instead of the past where they owe all the backscratches.
'64 Spyder Convertible
'63 Rampside (to be Rotisseried)
Toney, Alabama (just outside Huntsville)

gnrand

Unread post by gnrand » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 am

If Congress feels the need to shut down the government spending then they need to be included in no pay for the duration of the shut down. Here in Ca. they seem to cater more to illegals then our homeless living on the streets. I guess they figure the illegals might give them more future votes and the homeless are a lost cause.
Jeff
1965 140 Corsa
1968 140 Monza convertible 4 speed
1965 Corsa Convertible
1966 Crown V8
1986 Buick GN V6 600hp

64powerglide

Unread post by 64powerglide » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am

:goodpost:
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..