BEWARE of Corvair Underground -Resolved

Humor, Politics, etc...
Vair-8

Re: BEWARE of Corvair Underground

Post by Vair-8 »

Vair-8 wrote:June 24th. Some parts delivered but still missing vented rotors, calipers and pads.
August 15, Still waiting for missing parts...Vented rotors and calipers. :angry:

edit: azdave cleaned up quote code
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
Corvair Society Of America Member "Corsa"
V-8 Registry Member
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Vair-8 wrote: August 15, Still waiting for missing parts...Vented rotors and calipers. :angry:
Vair-8,
For anyone not wanting to read all 6 pages of this problem, am I boiling the problem down correctly in the sentence below ?

You bought and paid in full for these parts in late 2009 and as of August 2011 CU still hasn't sent the full order or a refund, even after you took him to court and won a judgement in your favor?
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

Yep, your correct. Even with Lon responding to this thread and telling us he would correct his mistake. AGAIN, he has falling short on making good on his word. I know this thread has gone on for a long time but wanted to keep it current for new members to read and be warned.
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
V-8 Registry Member
Trip

Post by Trip »

Personally, given the fact that CU being trouble was confirmed to me by a high ranking member of CORSA I think this post should be stickied. I know if I was new I'd sure like to be warned.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
MonzaDave

Post by MonzaDave »

Grymm wrote:Personally, given the fact that CU being trouble was confirmed to me by a high ranking member of CORSA I think this post should be stickied. I know if I was new I'd sure like to be warned.
I put no credibility in information from anonymous sources.
Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

MonzaDave wrote:
Grymm wrote:Personally, given the fact that CU being trouble was confirmed to me by a high ranking member of CORSA I think this post should be stickied. I know if I was new I'd sure like to be warned.
I put no credibility in information from anonymous sources.
I can confirm that the source is legit but because the information was originally provided to Vair-8 in an email exchange I think as a courtesy he should notify or obtain permission from the source before posting parts of their private conversation in a public forum.

As I have said before, I will try to keep this thread on track. I only want to see members get the parts thay paid for or get a refund.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
Art in VA

Post by Art in VA »

This, and maybe other threads, have saved me this misfortune, as I intended to make the same purchase. I called back when, and got the "I'll need to round up the parts.." and I knew better than to proceed, so THANKS.
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Art in VA wrote:This, and maybe other threads, have saved me this misfortune, as I intended to make the same purchase. I called back when, and got the "I'll need to round up the parts.." and I knew better than to proceed, so THANKS.
I think that's code for....."I'll-send-you-out-a-rotor-so-then-I-don't-need-to-give-a-refund". :tongue:
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

Lon two more pieces and I will end this post. Someone from the Corvair Community was in contact with Lon before and alerted him about this post. He responded and sent some of the parts but still missing my Calipers and Rotors. Lon, send me my parts and I will go away, Promise.
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
V-8 Registry Member
mart

Post by mart »

I cant believe this is still going on, I for one will be staying away, promise :nono:
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

As you can tell I don't give up easily. I know people are saying get over it and move on but it brothers me that he is still in business and hearing stories about other Corvair owners being ripped off. My goal is to continue to WARN people before they buy from him. If I can encourage owners to think twice before buying from Lon it will give me some satisfaction.
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
V-8 Registry Member
mart

Post by mart »

You have my vote.....there is no excuse for this kind of service when you can see the way Clarks do it
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

I contacted Lon by email twice in the last week to see if I can help resolve this once and for all. His first reply indicated that he thought this issue was resolved and that this was a dead thread that someone was bringing back to life make CU look bad.

When I replied back to him that the thread was still active only because he had not resolved the problem, his second reply said he would look into it. While Lon did send a partial batch of parts after Vair-8 won a court judgement against him, according to Vair-8 he is still missing several key components (vented rotors and calipers). This order was paid in full over two years ago.

Now I try to be fair to all here and look at both sides of the issue but after this much time and empty promises I don't know what else to say. Either the remaining parts need to be shipped or the funds need to be returned immediately.

Also note another recent situation developing with CU on Corvair Center forum.
http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,460306
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

:(
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
cvair4life

Post by cvair4life »

Wow.. just read the thread on CCF. How can anybody in their right mind treat customers like that... and Lon's attitude in his replies is unbelievable!

Flip-side... how can anybody ever ever do business with him. Caveat Emptor ad nauseum I think would fit here. If I knew latin it really should say Buyer NEVER Try CU. Sorry but the way he writes on these forums is more than I can stomach.
1966 Corsa Coupe
Vair-8

Post by Vair-8 »

azdave wrote:I contacted Lon by email twice in the last week to see if I can help resolve this once and for all. His first reply indicated that he thought this issue was resolved and that this was a dead thread that someone was bringing back to life make CU look bad.

When I replied back to him that the thread was still active only because he had not resolved the problem, his second reply said he would look into it. While Lon did send a partial batch of parts after Vair-8 won a court judgement against him, according to Vair-8 he is still missing several key components (vented rotors and calipers). This order was paid in full over two years ago.

Now I try to be fair to all here and look at both sides of the issue but after this much time and empty promises I don't know what else to say. Either the remaining parts need to be shipped or the funds need to be returned immediately.

Also note another recent situation developing with CU on Corvair Center forum.
http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,460306
THANKS AZDAVE !! I hope you get a reply soon. :pray:
Charles Troutman Sr.
Charles Troutman Jr.
Glendale, AZ

66 Vair-8
68 Vair-8
65 Convertible
V-8 Registry Member

Return to “Off Topic”