help (non corvair)

Humor, Politics, etc...
halifaxvair

help (non corvair)

Post by halifaxvair »

2004 saturan vue V6 AWD with ABS

brake pedal is spongy when car is running but hard as a rock when turned off. I have had all the wheels off, checked rear wheel cylinders and front calipers and found no issues. All friction surface are less about a year old (more then half remaining). The front rotor are fine little rust and no broken fins. Bleed the system at all for wheels and this to made no improvement. Pedal does not seem sink just very spongy with no apprent leaks in the system

any ideas before I start spending money
Tks Paul McDonell
facebook--- Halifaxvair@hotmail.com
66 140 4spd coupe
67 110 auto coupe
68 140 (#88 former Bill Hughes car)
http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com/index.php
miniman82

Re: help (non corvair)

Post by miniman82 »

Does it stop the car? Some masters are just naturally soft, even though there's nothing wrong. I can push many GM truck brakes to the ground (like I'm stepping on a pillow), but they still stop plenty good. I think you're just used to the rock hard Vair pedal is all, my wife's car feels like crap after I drive my Corsa too.
Click it!
halifaxvair

Post by halifaxvair »

Ya the car stops but the pedal has diffently changed form the last time I drove it, It had a awsome pedal even and firm with the ABS fuse out / kind of scary with ABS on (fuse in). Had been driving with ABS disabled for over 2 years. The ABS on this car sucks compared to others I have drove so I disabled on day 2 of owning it and have no problems. Changed pads shoes drums and disc last year, I think I might try new fliud then a master cylinder(and more new fluid)
facebook--- Halifaxvair@hotmail.com
66 140 4spd coupe
67 110 auto coupe
68 140 (#88 former Bill Hughes car)
http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com/index.php
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Disabling ABS is a very bad idea...
Perhaps you should take it to a dealer, and have a qualified technician looks at the ABS system?
Click it!

Return to “Off Topic”