Membership Committee 9/27 Meeting Notes

CORSA Membership Chair business
Jack Bacon

Membership Committee 9/27 Meeting Notes

Post by Jack Bacon »

Thanks to Ken Hand, Bob Helt, Mike Hall and myself for participating in our first membership committee meeting. My notes are not the best but here goes-

I will be presenting these items to the CORSA BOD tonight for consideration-

I would like to add another round of banner advertising with the banner stating - "Corvair, the affordable classic car". We could do another 60,000 impressions that would most likely take 6-8 weeks to use for $300.

Also, on page 3 of the Communique regarding the membership statement. Can we leave number of Communiques published but move the number of new members and number of renewed members to a small "Welcome" membership column elsewhere in the magazine. Can we list the new members names and locations or is this a privacy issue. Our local chapter's "The Leeky Seel" welcomes and list new members monthly.

We see a need for more club benefits when joining CORSA.
I will be calling Harry Jensen to discuss our relationship with Hagerty Insurance. If it is okay, I will approach other classic car insurance companies to obtain a club discount (Grundee, J. C. Taylor, etc.)
I will also call a couple of the younger CORSA members to invite them to our committee to get their viewpoint.
Ken will contact some people on a possible Genral Motors new car discount for CORSA members
We need to brainstorm more benefits to attract more members

Bob Helt brought up the idea of asking for donations so we can use it grow the membership thru different channels

Have business card printed up for everyone to leave on your windshiled at car shows, bulletin boards anywhere auto related (auto parts stores, dealerships, museums, etc.

Get out and drive your Corvair. If a friends Corvair isn't running, help him get it running. This would be a great monthly club outing. Keep it up until everyone's Corvair is on the road. The more Corvairs on the road, the more exposure we will have in attracting new people.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks everyone!

Jack Bacon
Corvair Minnesota President
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA

Return to “CORSA Membership”