More membership ideas

CORSA Membership Chair business
Jack Bacon

More membership ideas

Post by Jack Bacon »

This is the email that I can sent to Ken and wanted to share it with the rest of the BOD

Hi Ken,

Cody from Hagerty Classic Car magazine will be calling me tomorrow Monday to discusss advertising and I will forward the information to the group. I contacted Grassroots Motorsports & Classic Motorsports Magazines. In Grassroots a 1/12 page ad which measures 2.25" x 2.375" is $446 and up form there. A Marketplace ad is $61 per inch of text. In Classic Motorsports 1/12 page ad 2.25" x 2.375" is $399 and up from there. . They do have digital advertising on their website, email newsletter, etc. for both magazines. See attached media kits for both magazines.

If we can, I would all CORSA chapters to put a notice in their newsletters to encourage chapter members to join CORSA. See page 10 of the attached Corvair Minnesota Leeky Seel. I know the Houston and San Diego Chapters are also doing this.

CORSA does have a brochure available on our website. Maybe we could use that or a simpler promotional 1/2 card and have Clark's put in the orders they send out. Maybe start with 500 cards and see what response is received.

We had our Holiday banquet tonight and one of our newer members has not joined CORSA yet because he said it was too expensive. we have to come up with new ways to retain old members and bring in the younger crowd. Maybe have a $20 enhanced website level only, a $30 level for electronic only Communique and then the $45 level for printed Communique. i don't believe we can afford to have any paid positions in the club and have to find volunteers ready and able to carry on with Regalia sales, convention registration and membership processing, webmaster and finally Communique editor and publishing.

Thanks Nick, you are correct! CORSA needs to buy and own both forums but reduce it to maybe only one forum. The forum I like best is Corvair Center with a ton of information. I can have any question answered usually within 30 minutes and a great bunch of guys. The website needs complete revamping and no offense to anyone it has not been updated in a long time.

I am sorry I have not been very active with the membership area due to three knee surgeries since the end of last July. I have graduated from physical therapy in December but may be forced to retire at the end of January. I have a couple of CORSA members who will help me come up with more membership ideas for the clubs future.

By the way, our chapter has gained ten new members in the last ten months! More to come, the ball is rolling and let's keep it rolling. Everyone's ideas are always welcome.

Regards,

Jack Bacon
Corvair Minnesota President
Corvair Minnesota Membership Director
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
1966-Corsa-GT-180

Re: More membership ideas

Post by 1966-Corsa-GT-180 »

Regarding cost of membership - I joined a group that charges a nominal $8 amount monthly via PayPal - I hardly notice it, but reality is - it's $96 per year! And they don't put out a Communique! It's something I enjoy being part of, so I'm OK paying that, but I likely would never have started with a large payment to begin with.
Corsa could do the same with a $4.75 monthly charge and that should cover our current membership, plus any add'l costs.
Danny Davis driving "air cooled" since the 1960s...
Pierce County, Washington, U.S.A. (near Tacoma) 2O6-643-67I8
Corvairs NorthWest, North Cascades Corvairs, Corvanatics, CORSA Western Director
Jack Bacon

Re: More membership ideas

Post by Jack Bacon »

FYI, when I joined the Commerative Air Force the initial dues was $200! Hard to swallow but the old aircraft need lots of maintenance and restoration and that costs a ton of money.

Jack
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA

Return to “CORSA Membership”