Ideas

CORSA Membership Chair business
Jack Bacon

Ideas

Post by Jack Bacon »

Locally our chapter has added five new members since February. We had a new visitor at our monthly meeting at Wagner's Drive Inn so I quickly grabbed a membership form from my car, had him talk with a couple of our club officers and then introduced him to the rest of the club and he joined on the spot.

Yes, we need to run ads in the Old Car Weekly and also another good one would be Classic Motorsports Magazine. I think we could even run free ads in Craigslist all over the country. Wear your Corvair Corsa T shirts and regalia when you can, free advertising.

We need to make up a CORSA brochure we can hand out to people. I don't believe we have one available at present. I had some business cards printed up for our chapter that we can hand out at car shows. I will bring some to the convention. At all car shows I am at, I have membership forms for our chapter and we need to make sure CORSA membership information is included. I also have chapter newsletters, Communiques, etc.

A new member area in the Communique would be great, it is always nice to be welcomed into an organization. If i had their email, I could also send them a welcome letter.

At the car shows. instead of the "look but don't touch" signs invite interested people to sit in your car especially the younger generation. We need more younger members!

I will be available after the welcome party or other times when you want to get together and brainstorm.

Wrench, drive, repeat!

Best regards,

Jack Bacon
Corvair Minnesota President
Corvanatic,
CORSA
TEAE
SAOCA
paulsgt

Re: Ideas

Post by paulsgt »

I like all these ideas. A thought that had been tossed around was to work with someone like Vistaprint to have templates available online where you could order printed material with CORSA logo, etc... I like that idea. Could even be a money-maker(?) where people could order their own individual business cards with CORSA logo.

We'll meet up after the welcome party and chat.

Thanks!
Paul Sergeant
Central Division Director / Treasurer CORSA

65 Monza Convertible (110/PG)
62 Monza Sedan (PG) 28,000 mile cloth seat, Oakland-built car.
61 Rampside Deluxe (P/G)
61 Pontiac Tempest Safari Wagon

CORSA since 1975, HACOA
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

Sorry again for being late to the party! (Here)
I like all of the ideas, how about coming up with the ad costs for at least the two places mentioned? Run that by the BoD and see what happens.

If you/we come up with a universal Craig's List ad every director could put it in a couple of areas. The ad can have your contact info and you get to save the club! LOL

I will try to get the rest of the directors subscribed to this list so the few will participate.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

I like the Craigslist ad idea.
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-second Drag Car by Ken Arnold
vairmech

Post by vairmech »

Helloooooo,

We had talked about doing magazine ads and I asked for a quote for a couple, any progress??
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention

Return to “CORSA Membership”