2014 Convention Trip

A place for CORSA National convention info and threads for attendees to share their convention road trips, stories, details and pictures of the events.
rv6aaviator

2014 Convention Trip

Post by rv6aaviator »

What a great time my father and I had at the convention. This was our first convention and we were only able to be there Thursday through Saturday. My wife and mother were supposed to make the trip with us, but my wife's gall-bladder decided it had to come out a week before we left and she was not yet up for travel. Mom decided to stay home with the heat. Girls told us to go on without them and have fun.

We left Cincinnati 2 hours late on Thursday. Pulled out around 11 am with the tops up after the hard rain let up/ roads were drying up. One fuel/lunch stop, put the tops down and we were checked in 4:30. About 270 miles for us. Averaged 25 mpg with the 62 and 24 with the 64 spyder.

Dad drove the spyder down and I drove the 62. Then we switched on the drive home. Cars ran great even with the 95+ heat and pulling the long hill grades.

I was amazed at how many Corvair's were in the parking lot when we arrived. Nearly every other spot was a corvair. What a site to see. I was in my element.....

Spent Friday morning in the vendor areas. Scored a great set of Cragar SS rims for the 63.

Spent Friday mid day at the autocross and that was really fun to watch. Something I had not experienced before. Makes me want to try that some day.

Spent the afternoon walking around the parking lot/garage and looking at Corvairs until I was blue in the face.

Car show Saturday was great even though it rained. Nice to meet and talk to other Corvair owners. Great mix of everything Corvair related there.

Thanks to all the put the time and effort to make such a spectacular event happen. Everyone was very friendly, helpful and made you feel welcomed. I had a great time with Dad.

Here's a link to some pictures.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/rv6aa ... t=3&page=1#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Sandor
Prez Cincinnati Corvair Club
62 Convertible
63 Spyder Convertible
64 Spyder Convertible
66 Corsa 140 Coupe
66 Monza Coupe
cad-kid

Re: 2014 Convention Trip

Post by cad-kid »

Thanks for posting a great report :goodpost:
Jeremy (cad-kid)