65 corsa

srt

65 corsa

Post by srt »

Inherited from my dad. In storage for about 30 years. Not running...yetImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my [device_name] using Corvair Forum mobile app

srt

Re: 65 corsa

Post by srt »

I have a LOT of nos & used parts that i am going to use to get it running first. Then teardown & rebuild as needed.
Will be needing info / help on turbo inspection / re uilding if necessary. Carb rebuilding etc.
We have a spare motor (110hp i think), spare used 140 hp heads a spare block, a pair of brand new bare 140 hp heads, cylinders, pistons, rods and on & on
I am looki g to ID the rear end as to ratio and need to know where on the corvair engines are ID #,s stamped or cast.

Car has a little over 79K miles.

azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Nice! Turbo 180 originally!
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Jerry Whitt

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Looks like a fun project! Lots of folks here willing to help, as various questions arise.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

That is a good project car from the looks of it.

You might discuss your experience level and what you can do and what you plan on having others do.

I noticed Calif. plates. You might mention your location and find local clubs that can assist with information. Many aspects of the Corvair require shops with experience.
srt

Post by srt »

66vairguy wrote:That is a good project car from the looks of it.

You might discuss your experience level and what you can do and what you plan on having others do.

I noticed Calif. plates. You might mention your location and find local clubs that can assist with information. Many aspects of the Corvair require shops with experience.
As to experience. I have been living in automotive grease & grime since the age of 14. I am now 66.

Started doing brake jobs & transmission pulls at that time then went full time as a mechanic (engine overhaul specifically) & a lot of hot rod work for an old time salt flats racer.

I am proficient (yet a bit rusty these days due to many years out of the field) in chassis work, engine disassembly & reassembly.

Nowadays I inspect, diagnose, repair & test railroad cars!

I spent quite a few days / nights lurking here. Just reading posts to get a feel for the sincerity of those who do post.

From what I've read I'm perfectly satisfied that what you guys/gals offer is straight up good advice.

srt

Post by srt »

azdave wrote:Nice! Turbo 180 originally!
Yes. I am happy to say it is & a los angeles area car at that.

My son & I have been short of time & haven't yet been able to spend the day or two it will take to make semi-thorough inspection of the car/motor.

I'm so-cal he's high desert.

County98

Post by County98 »

Welcome, good looking project!
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079

Return to “Corvair Video and Photo Threads”