Sagging door

Need to know how? Want to show how?
Canavair

Sagging door

Post by Canavair »

My driver door suddenly started sagging and seems to be getting worse. Looking for guidance on how to fix the problem. Thanks!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Sagging door

Post by bbodie52 »

This this the black 1965 Corvair Monza 4 door sedan you brought home a year ago? Do they use road salt in Canada?
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Did you open the door and lift at the door handle to see what moves? Did you visually inspect the hinge for wear or damage? Did you visually inspect the door post area around the hinges?
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Canavair

Post by Canavair »

The car has spent most of its life in BC and then no winters in Ontario (stored), so no road salt. Bottom of car is rock solid. I inspected the hinges and noted no sag or unwanted movement - appeared to operate same as other front door. However I did discover the problem. The front door glass is sticking on the door glass/weather stripping of the rear door. If I roll down the window just 6mm (1/4") the door closes perfectly. Haven't figured out the glass problem yet, will look at it closer in the next few days. So I'll just leave the window down a notch and close it while driving if necessary Thank you gentlemen for your quick interested input - much appreciated.
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

The EM and LMs have different latching mechanisms. To give you the best answers the group needs to know what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Canavair wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:18 pm The car has spent most of its life in BC and then no winters in Ontario (stored), so no road salt. Bottom of car is rock solid. I inspected the hinges and noted no sag or unwanted movement - appeared to operate same as other front door. However I did discover the problem. The front door glass is sticking on the door glass/weather stripping of the rear door. If I roll down the window just 6mm (1/4") the door closes perfectly. Haven't figured out the glass problem yet, will look at it closer in the next few days. So I'll just leave the window down a notch and close it while driving if necessary Thank you gentlemen for your quick interested input - much appreciated.
Did you get the glass fixed? An adjustment of the glass stop all the way up should take care of it. :)
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

When I got my 68 back from the painter, it too had glass issues. Nit because the painter changed any of the glass but because he had taken the doors off and failed to reinstall them properly. The driver door was miss alined, letting the rear of the window not seal. Turned out the striker needed to be readjusted.
Just my personal experience.

Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
Canavair

Post by Canavair »

rfw66 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:56 am The EM and LMs have different latching mechanisms. To give you the best answers the group needs to know what you have.

Its a LM 65 Corvair 4 door sports monza

Return to “DIY - Explanations and Demonstrations”