New Additions/Changes/Features!!!

Scott H
Site Admin

New Additions/Changes/Features!!!

Post by Scott H »

Ok, at first I dreaded this upgrade. :sad5: I don't like change. :nono: However, now that I have spent some time poking around, I love it! :tu:

Below are a few highlights.

First, changes to the Portal page...

I changed the news feed to sort by Newest Post (I also changed the title to reflect that.)

We had two scrolling banner type eBay searches before. The first was a Corvair search, and that is back. I personally like to watch this one to keep up on what the current market for our cars is. The second one that we had and we've reinstated is the Corvair Collectibles search. That one is dangerous! I have ALLOT of Corvair collectibles now! :doh:

I have included some new searches- ::-):
One that shows Corvair Auctions that are Ending Soon. I chose "Auctions" only (and not Buy It Now items) so hopefully we can get in on some surprise good deals. I'm not sure if it will work but I thought it might be fun too see.
The second new search on the portal page is for Corvair Parts.
I hope they provide valuable info and opportunities.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: New Additions/Changes/Features!!!

Post by Scott H »

other small changes so far...
I have eliminated the forum we had for the LM vs Em debate. It is now a sticky topic in the Corvair talk section.
I changed the title of a couple of sections and topics to make its contents more apparent.

I am also looking for some feedback from you guys as to what you would like to see happen here.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

As far as new features we gained from the update...the biggest one and the one I am probably most excited about and have been personally wanting since the start of our forum...Drum Roll please... We can now upload MULTIPLE IMAGES/FILES at once! :guitar: :woo:
:pics?:
Scroll down, click the Full Editor and Preview button (if you haven't already) then click on the Attachments tab (lower left, next to Options) and then browse your computer and select multiple images/files and upload them all at the same time. :typing:
Attachments
blackberry-wallpaper-DMorsk3.png
blackberry-wallpaper-DMorsk3.png (66.79 KiB) Viewed 3384 times
Desktop background
Desktop background
fsgprofilewhite.png
redamacc.png
redamacc.png (141.2 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

For Mobile Device Users. We have two options.

1. Tapatalk; an app that does a great job at presenting Forums for mobile devices (which we had before and retained for those of you that still want to use it).

2. Our new software now automatically adjusts for use on a mobile device.

When you visit the site on your phone or tablet you'll see a notification that lets you know you can open or download (for free) Tapatalk and use the site that way or just close that notification and simply view the site as is. It works very well (and on High Definition screened devices you'll see a slightly fancier Corvair Forum logo). :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

ANOTHER NEW FEATURE if the new website software is that you can now post MULTIPLE files or pictures as attachments at the same time. In the old version, only a single file or picture could be selected as an attachment. To post multiple pictures or attachments the writer had to attach one file at a time, and then return back to select each additional attachment, one at a time.

This was mentioned previously, but i wanted to describe the procedures a bit, for those who are not familiar...

With the new software, the writer can click on the Attachments tab, and then click on the Add files button, as before. The difference now is that MULTIPLE FILES in the file selection dialog box can be chosen at one time for uploading to your new post. This can be accomplished in two ways, using either the Ctrl or the Shift key in conjunction with your left mouse button.
  • Holding down the Ctrl key on the keyboard allows you to pick and choose multiple files within the list displayed in the dialog box. Each time a file name is clicked on with the mouse button, it is highlighted — showing it as a SELECTED item. Then, clicking on the Open button will attach ALL of the selected/highlighted items simultaneously to your post that is being edited.
  • Holding down the Shift key on the keyboard acts in a similar way to using the Ctrl key. The difference is that the use of the Shift key allows you to select a group, or range of file names, instead of picking and choosing individual files as each one is clicked on (as they are when using the Ctrl key). With the Shift key, the writer/editor can pick the first file in a group, or list, and then move the mouse pointer to a later, or the last file in the list and click on that file name. When using this method, the first and last files, AND ALL THOSE IN-BETWEEN, become highlighted (selected). Individual files in the range of selected files can then be deselected, if desired, by holding down the Ctrl key and then clicking on those individual files that you do not want to post, or open. In this way, for example, a range of 20 or 30 files can be elected at one time using the Shift key, and the individual files can be deselected, one at a time, by holding down the Ctrl key and then clicking on the individual files that are not wanted.
In the image below, multiple (3) selected picture files are shown as highlighted in blue...
Selected Files.jpg
In the editing screen below, multiple selected files are shown listed with the post. By clicking on the Place inline buttons, these individual images can be inserted within the text body, where desired. (If not placed within the text body, the pictures, or files, will be shown at the end of the displayed text).
Editing Screen.jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
cnicol

Post by cnicol »

I love it! Nice Nice Nice. "It's alive!" :tu:
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
Cfred

Post by Cfred »

Great Job !! Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication. The site works very well. :ty:
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

I like the quick links in the upper left hand side of the screen. I can now make a post then without going back to the portal just click on the quick links and hit "unread posts".
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
Fast Eddie
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Fast Eddie »

Great job, looks great!
Thanks
If it aint broke, give me a minute
acarlson

Post by acarlson »

Ahh, that is why forum URL didn't work earlier today...

When I used to update my forums I'd create an index.html file which just displayed "Under Construction" and when the update was done I'd just delete it.

Alec
Last edited by acarlson on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alec Carlson
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Regal Red Corsa 4 Speed Turbo Convertible
Restoration "In Progress"...
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

With the forum open I cannot open any of my favorites, somehow the forum now blocks them. I just read a post & clicked on Clark's link & it would not open. I closed the forum & the link for Clark's opens. All of my favorites are like that. Yup, I don't like change. :banghead:
Well now my computer isn't able to open 2 pages at a time, maybe there is something wrong with my settings. Crap!!!!!!!! I'll do a system restore & see what happens.
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
County98

Post by County98 »

Nice job and thanks for the work you're putting in. Uploading multiple photos will be great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Corvair Forum mobile app

Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

All is well!!!!!!!!
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

64powerglide wrote:All is well!!!!!!!!
Great to hear!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)

Return to “Site Specific Topics”