My daughters wish

Serving the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
Iceland, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Caribbean Islands, and the continents of Greenland, Europe, and Africa.
Forum rules
Serving the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
Iceland, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Caribbean Islands, and the continents of Greenland, Europe, and Africa.
hentysnr

My daughters wish

Post by hentysnr »

Hi guys
Thought I would share this with you as it is Corvair related and proof that wishes do come true.

It all started many many years ago before I got into old cars and was more into raising kids and making ends meet etc, etc. My eldest daughter then about 6yrs was playing in a '73 Mk1 Ford Cortina with her younger sister, as kids do. We then lived opposite a church and there had been a wedding that Saturday afternoon when my eldest daughter walked in, came up to me and promptly announced "daddy I want to get married in an olden day car" well, that was about 25yrs ago and so 25yrs flew by. In December 2013 she got married and her dream/wish came true. Here are the photo's of her and the car, a CORVAIR of course, what did you expect ::-):
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
Attachments
_MG_8952.jpg
_MG_8958.jpg
_MG_9103.jpg
_MG_9107.jpg
IMG_8261.jpg
IMG_8264.jpg
IMG_8271.jpg
IMG_8279.jpg
IMG_8010.jpg
WHY DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CORVAIR :emfront:

'64 Bad Back!
'60 4dr 500
'61 4dr 700 BIG BORE 3.2lt
'63 Monza Coupe
'65 Monza Coupe
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: My daughters wish

Post by bbodie52 »

:coolphotos: :goodpost: Great pictures and family memories! :ty: Thank you for sharing them!

I know how you feel, since my wife and I also were married with a (1962) Corvair in attendance. ::-): It took us on our honeymoon too! :cool: :tongue:

So we did get get "married in an olden day car" — but in 1972 our 1962 "olden day car" was not so "olden"! But it did start our marriage out right. We just celebrated our 42nd year and we still drive a Corvair, so it appears that making a Corvair a part of our relationship has worked out pretty well!
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
hanssmom

Post by hanssmom »

Beautiful Bride, beautiful car and a great story. Thanks for sharing it!
Connie
Somewhere in Iowa
65 Evening Orchid Corsa Vert
65 Monza Sedan
65 Monza Two Tone Sedan
Poor little 65 Monza Convertible Stripper Car breaking in half, but it has a power top!
64 Greenbrier
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Awww, that's so awesome!! What a touching story......and I agree, beautiful bride!......and a proud poppa. Thanks for that!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Saw this today posted on Facebook by Fred Marsh (Corvair Owners Group)...

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
f3racer

Post by f3racer »

Thats awesome.
1968 corvair monza coupe

2010 VFR1200
09 SV650R

/G\ "Always Traveling East"

"Be water, my friend."
Bruce Lee
November 27, 1940- July 20, 1973
hentysnr

Post by hentysnr »

Being the sentimental fool I am I cannot but ask myself the question what it must feel like to spend so many years with one person, what a privilege it must be. My good Lady and I celebrated 10yrs this year, what a blessing it has been, all I can say is thank you for being so blessed every day is a privelege for me, thank you!

Amazing the banter that a few pictures stirs up and what an awesome response, it is indeed a privelege to be able to share these precious memories with people who do not know you from adam but who share a common passion for Corvairs indeed we must be Special people, had to say that!

May be oneday I will have the privilege to visit my sons who now live in California and I will make every possible effort I can to personally meet you Brad. Corvair things have been quiet my side but thats because of our massive workload, there are others who are unemployed so I'm grateful and literally dead on my feet at the same time. Good news is I am going to collect another Coupe from Gary over the Easter Weekend, so will be posting some pictures of that trip soon. Looking forward to my annual reunion with my Corvair buddy.

You guys take care now and have a good week, regards Henty :wave:
WHY DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CORVAIR :emfront:

'64 Bad Back!
'60 4dr 500
'61 4dr 700 BIG BORE 3.2lt
'63 Monza Coupe
'65 Monza Coupe

Return to “Eastern Division (International)”