ken jones

Serving the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
Iceland, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Caribbean Islands, and the continents of Greenland, Europe, and Africa.
Forum rules
Serving the Canadian provinces of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
Iceland, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Caribbean Islands, and the continents of Greenland, Europe, and Africa.
garydup
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

ken jones

Post by garydup »

hello southafrican corvair people.
it is with great regret that i announce the passing of kennith jones,not well known to most sa corvair people but a good friend to both myself and henty.ken was a great lover of corvairs,having owned at least 4 corvairs in his time.he was the first one in sa to convert a 60 4 door 3 speed to a 4 speed,he also enjoyed bikes and at one stage was a member of the citizen band,cb.he will be greatly missed especially when it comes to having a few beers,cheers ken your spirit will always live on :wave:
hentysnr

Re: ken jones

Post by hentysnr »

Hi Folks

Thank you Gary for your words on Ken's passing. As you folk might know I bought Ken's Corvair about a year ago as they were planning to move to the UK. I only met Ken three times, but we spoke a lot on the phone and via e-mail.

Sadly we will miss Ken and his version of matters, Ken saw things in a different light to others and was an individual who was not easily swayed by others or things around him. The last two to three years of Ken's life were not comfortable years and Gary and I both knew he was in a lot of pain and discomfort.

As mentioned I bought Ken's Corvair which used to belong to Gary, Gary brought the car in to SA from the then Rhodesia now called Zimbabwe. I have asked Gary to write up the history of the car. The intention is to post all this information and all the technical info that goes with the very unique Big Bore that Gary built for me, which now resides in the back of Ken's car. I would like to enter the car into the Car of the Month contest as a Tribute to Ken.

Rest in Peace my Friend :wave:
WHY DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CORVAIR :emfront:

'64 Bad Back!
'60 4dr 500
'61 4dr 700 BIG BORE 3.2lt
'63 Monza Coupe
'65 Monza Coupe

Return to “Eastern Division (International)”