Needing an active Southwestern Idaho club.

Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii
Forum rules
Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii
SteveM

Needing an active Southwestern Idaho club.

Post by SteveM »

I would like to find interested owner or fans of Corvairs in Southwestern Idaho. :ty:
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Needing an active Southwestern Idaho club.

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum! Is Boise close enough to Southwestern Idaho?
CORSA Chapter Locator - Boise Basin Corvairs
Chapter ID: 837
Organization Name: Boise Basin Corvairs
Street Address (Primary): P.O. Box 973, Meridian, ID
President: John Rigg, email: jrigg@q.com, Phone: (208) 386-9849, Address: 3613 N Red Oak Dr, Boise, ID 83703-4123
Vice President: Greg Womack, email: president149@gmail.com, Phone: (208) 362-1443, Address: 12350 W Nancee Dr, Boise, ID 83709-6524
Secretary/Treasurer: Greg Reeder, email: gardriver2@aol.com
Membership: Frank Taylor, email: taysndogs@msn.com, Phone: (208) 922-4882, Address: 357 E Jamestowne Ct,
Kuna, ID 83634-3471
Historian: Don Matthews, email: dlmatthws@gmail.com
Newsletter & Website Editor: Becky Taylor, email: taysndogs@msn.com, Phone: (208) 922-4882,
Address: 357 E Jamestowne Ct, Kuna, ID 83634-3471
Newsletter Name: Corvair Connection
Email (Primary): taysndogs@msn.com

Club Monthly Meetings: 3rd Tuesday of each month.
6:30 pm
Fiesta Guadalajara
704 E Fairview Dr.
Meridian ID

Contact Phone: John Rigg — (208) 386-9849

Address: 4825 Wanz Ln, Nampa, ID 83687
Phone:(208) 850-0146
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Pictures are great too, because pictures of your Corvair will help us to visualize where you are with your Corvair and its condition at the present time. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Yes Boise is very close. I am looking for someone close by that is here on the forum.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

A brief search of the Corvair Forum for "Idaho" revealed Todd Millican "bmwtodd1". A search for his name on switchboard.com http://www.switchboard.com/ shows that he lives in Middleton, ID, which is about 29 miles northwest of Boise.

You can read his introduction from October 2014 at the following...
:link: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8958&p=59806#p59806

If you click on "PM" under his name you can send him a Private Message.

Not everyone on the Corvair Forum reveals their location. If you contact the CORSA chapter and attend one of their meetings you might ask around to see who frequents the Corvair Forum. Based on his comments in his introduction last October, Todd Millican may have already joined the CORSA chapter in Boise.
Brad Bodie
bmwtodd1

Post by bmwtodd1 »

This is Todd Millican. I do live in Middleton and own a vintage motorcycle shop just outside Middleton. I say that because I have the tools available for auto/motorcycle repair and restoration. Bring a cup of coffee and pay for the supplies and you can putt around the shop to work on your projects. I'd like to get the club out there this spring, but most of the members are drivers rather than mechanics on their cars. At any rate, I joined the local club, and I would encourage you to make it to the next meeting. There are lots of nice folks, but sure need some help on their club website. The dates posted might leave you somewhere at the wrong place/time. I may offer to take that over to help them get fixed. Lord knows that I need one more project.....The local mechanic, Rick that was listed above is a wonderful man, and is a vast source of knowledge about our Corvairs. You can call me at 208.697.1976 if you need help getting set up. You won't regret it, and we always need new members, like any organization....
64 Monza Convertible
61 Loadside
66 Mustang Fastback
54 ea BMW motorcycles
1 TR6 Special Competition Triumph
32d Free Mason, Scottish Rite Mason
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:ty: :goodpost: Thanks for answering here. Your comments about the local club are often representative of too many local CORSA chapters that have become stagnant — with little signs of life or activity. I have often tried to recommend local CORSA club chapters, only to discover websites that no longer exist or that have not been updated for five years or more!

Other CORSA chapters around the nation are active, dynamic and enjoyable. It all depends on the members, since they are all volunteers. I hope that you both will be able to offer contributions and ideas that will invigorate your Idaho CORSA chapter. Your enthusiasm is apparent in your posts here on the Corvair Forum... perhaps it will be contagious! I think owning and maintaining Corvairs can be a lot more fun when you don't feel that you are all alone, and when others will join in with encouragement, experience and assistance to keep those Corvairs on the road.

:help: :ballnchain: :workout: :thumbsupwink:
Brad Bodie

Return to “Western Division (United States)”