Floor mats

Having trouble finding that special part you need? Post a wanted ad.
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
Gasman63

Floor mats

Post by Gasman63 »

I spent an hour last night trying to find some floor mats for my 63 Vert and could only come up with cut to fit or four piece sets. Id like to find carpeted mats in blue but black rubber would be ok. The front should be one long one that goes all the way across then two smalls for the back.

If anyone know of where to find these please let me know as Im just not the best when it comes to searching the web.

I was disappointed Weather Tech only had Cut to Fit.
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible 140 4 speed.
Colorado Springs :wave:
caraholic4life

Re: Floor mats

Post by caraholic4life »

Try Clarks Corvair, they offer reproduction Rubber Mats as well as Carpeted Mats in different colors....
http://ssl.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... _page=281B
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 15-59-47 Clark's Corvair Parts Inc. - Corvair Parts Catalog - Over 12 000 parts - pg 281B.png
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 16-00-09 Clark's Corvair Parts Inc. - Corvair Parts Catalog - Over 12 000 parts - pg 281B.png
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Thank you for the link. I guess i was wrong on the one piece mat up front. I will keep these in mind. Maybe someone else has another idea or option?
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Thank you for the link. I guess i was wrong on the one piece mat up front. I will keep these in mind. Maybe someone else has another idea or option?
Does anyone use these colored rubber mats? Comment?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Image :link: https://cocomats.com/

They offer many, many more colors, materials and patterns. Check their website out! ::-): :cool:

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Thanks Brad. I had not seen that company yet.
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I found black rubber ones (2 piece front & single piece rear) at a local FLAPS. Reasonable cost. Has extra flaps of rubber on ends of back piece and tops of fronts to trim, if desired. I found trimming wasn't necessary.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
rcavictor

Post by rcavictor »

I have had many custom mats done by COCOmats, they are FANTASTIC! I have sent them hand-made templates for several cars and had some nice sisal fibers mats made for the entry area of a motorcoach. Even had them do a set for the frunk of a 64 Monza…

I would recommend them very highly.
Rob

- Cornucopia of Corvairs
Ocklawaha FL
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Coco mats do look very nice. And thanks for the second recommendation of them.

And thank you to Al for the rubber universals as i hadnt look at the local FLAPS. Maybe for a temporary thing the rubber one will work out.
isucorvair

Post by isucorvair »

Clarks Repros of the factory mats are top notch in my book. The 'nubs' on the back are a little more aggressive than the NOS mats I also have, but they hold the carpeting better.

I cant believe how many beautifully redone cars I've seen - with thousands of dollars spent to make them look top notch, only to find some junk $5 floor mats in them.

Eric
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Thank you for the Comment Eric. And I agree about the cheep ones. Good for certain times but not in a show.
I will order the Clarks mats
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I can attest the approximate $45 I spent on mine are not junk. They are heavy rubber molded in a fine quality you would expect. They do not move around under your feet and have maintained their jet black color now for 3 years. If I didn't know better I could swear Steve in Marietta made them himself. If you want photos, I could take them on request. I would have to remember which flaps I got them from. It would take some time to go through receipts, if someone is really wanting the info.

But, faster to check with O'Reillys, then Autozone and finally Advance Auto in that order. AA is the worst in this area. O'Reillys was the best, but has slump down to AZ in quality of personnel and service now. PEP boys is long gone, Carquest few and far between with limited parts, NAPA for the wealthy and very patient mechanics.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

I located the FLAPS name where we got the durable mats. It was AutoZone. Donna has a darn good recall for details. After looking at the rear mat today while taking photos for OP, I have decided to trim off the ends for a better fit. Not posting my photos here as the carpets needs vacuuming and lighting wasn't great.

The product is ProElite Black Rubber Truck Floor Mat 3 PieceShop Part #79830AUI $39.99

https://www.autozone.com/floor-liners-f ... lsrc=aw.ds

20240414_072736.jpg
20240414_072736.jpg (71.09 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
Gasman63

Post by Gasman63 »

Thanks for posting Al.
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Donna finally found the receipt for the mats. They were purchased at Advanced Auto. At the time of purchase, we didn't care about the design between front and rear mats. We needed the full width rear mat, in case out senior 14 lb shitzu poodle family member had an accident on the back floor board area. The Helen 2020 trip was approaching, so we had to get them purchased and installed.

If I had known about the AutoZone Pro Elite Mats, I would have bought them to save a bit of money. They appear to be as good as quality truck mats as the AA mats.

Rear mat.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/aut ... /6100203-P

Front mat
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/aut ... Store=9621
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
whubbell

Post by whubbell »

FWIW, GM did offer a full-width front floor mat for early model Corvairs back in the day. The following text is from Larry Claypool's "Stock is..." article in the Feb 1990 issue of CORSA Communique:

"New for'61 was the "deluxe full width mat." This was a one-piece rubber mat that covered everything the individual contour mats did, plus the middle. A cut line is cast into the bottom side of the mat for accurate trimming in stick shift cars. The full width mat features a single Chevy bowtie within a triangle located just forward of the stick shift hole provision. It's all done in one color, unlike the two-color individual mats. The deluxe full width mat continued into 1964.
Introduction ofthe convertible in 1962 brought a bit of a problem: the floor pan was narrower due the extra bracing. Suddenly, neither mat would fit without covering the heater outletsl Chevy redesigned the deluxe full width mat to include two bold edges at the outboard ends where the convertible wâs narrower. In a coupe or sedan, you used the mat as it came of the box. In a convertible, you cut off the extra edge on both sides to narrow the mat-a perfect fit for your droptop, The part numbers for mats in l961-63 remained the same for some colors, so the change must have been phased in sometime ín 1962. By 1963, all the full width mats of current production would have the dual borders. As an aside, if you have an early convertible and you're shopping for mats, be sure you get a late one that has the dual border feature."

You can occasionally still find these mats for sale from NOS vendors. I was fortunate to find a correct fawn colored mat for my 1964 convertible (John Glenn Corvair) - photos attached
Attachments
IMG_3823.jpeg
IMG_3824.jpeg
IMG_3825.jpeg
IMG_3826.jpeg
IMG_3827.jpeg
IMG_3828.jpeg
IMG_3829.jpeg
IMG_3830.jpeg
IMG_3832.jpeg
Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group