Corvair of the Year 2012

1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show.
1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year.
All entrants in these contests have won Corvair of the Month during the current calendar year.
In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum.

Vote for Corvair of the Year 2012

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

JANUARY - 1965 MONZA COUPE: CRAZY GEORGE HERTLEIN
24%
FEBRUARY - 1965 CORSA CONV 180: JON & CHRISTINE BUCK
2%
MARCH - 1960 700 COUPE: ROBERT JENNINGS
15%
APRIL - 1965 MONZA 95: ED BARTLETT
4%
MAY - 1965 MONZA COUPE 140: JASON CARNS
8%
JUNE - 1961 LAKEWOOD: RALF VERHEES
21%
JULY - 1960 700 COUPE: CYNTHA KOREC
5%
AUGUST - 1966 CORSA CONV: BRAD BODIE
9%
SEPTEMBER - 1965 CORSA COUPE 140: NORM WITTE
7%
OCTOBER - 1965 MONZA COUPE 110: REIDMIER
3%

Total votes: 95

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair of the Year 2012

Post by bbodie52 »

I remember being TDY from Robins AFB, GA to Seymour Johnson AFB in 1974, when I was with the 5th Combat Communications Group. It was called Exercise Solid Shield '74 I believe.

Did you take any pictures of the 1966 Corsa when you owned it? I would love to see some pictures of it!

You are right. The LM Corvairs need more votes! The three EM Corvairs are ganging up on us and focusing their fan's votes to take the prize!

Come on, folks! VOTE! And when you vote, think blue LM convertible, if you please...
:pray: :not worthy: :tu:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:sad5: I may have a picture some where. Back in 83 we lost alot in the fire. But there is still boxes I should go thru. we see. Now as for the voting , I thought nice clean white but blue is ok. :tu: You need to suck up more....they seem to like red more... either way all these cars are winners is how I look at it....This is still a nice step up level. Maybe I can vote at the end...... :neener: :rolling: CG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I've had five EM Corvairs and five LM Corvairs in my family. They were white, blue, dark green, light mist blue, maroon, red, and black. Powerglide and manual transmissions. Normally aspirated and turbocharged. Stock carbs and center-mount Holley 4 barrel carb. Coupes and convertibles. I loved them all. I currently have a LM 1966 Corsa convertible, but I'm hoping to buy an EM Monza or Spyder some day.

All of these Corvair of the Year candidates are great, but we each have our favorites. The more votes, the more meaningful the outcome. SO VOTE!
:ty:
Brad Bodie
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:think: :think: I don't know, I am kind of thinking yellow..... :tu: But I havn't forgotten the glost rocker and race strips on the hood , they are offwhite on that white car . How is that bbodie52 ? Just a hint :dontknow: I would love to see him have a few more votes... Real nice guy. I met him and his wife at the convention. He took off his bumpers and sold them to me. Good deal... So if your waiting to the end as some are, I am up for him as well. Lets see if we can spark up a few others......Vote . Just dont view the soaps, Vote and join in.......Check out these babies,,,, Remember, you guys put us here to play....... CG :guitar: :guitar:
JasonC
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by JasonC »

Whoa!!!! I got 7 votes! I'm not worthy :not worthy:
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp 4spd
1992 BMW 325ic
1997 Jeep Cherokee SE 4x4
dawgfishx wrote:Pennsylvanians...Annoying the British since 1775 ! ;-)
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost:

TRUE! But I have 8 votes, and I may be worthy! Can I have your votes? Then I would be winning! :whoa:

The total votes now cast is 62! That is the 2nd-highest vote total since the start of Corvair of the Month, with 75 votes cast in January 2010! We have ten days left, and I think we just might set a new record. :woo:

:EMs Rule: :LMs rule:
Love it
Days Left
9 (Happy Thanksgiving)
6 (Happy Birthday, Tracy -- My wife's Birthday... can't let that slip by without an acknowledgement!) :clap: ::-):

:checkeredflag: :chevy:
1966 Blue Corsa Convertible - 3.jpg
Last edited by bbodie52 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Brad Bodie
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

Well :sad5: I didn't up north yet but look at the votes... I got one more vote :wrench: , thank you , I see someone has a eye :tu: :tu: But we are getting more members involved and this is awsome guys...... :clap: :clap: Brad your doing well,,,, Jason got a smile. I still kick myself not buying Jasons car way back.. :doh: ... But I JUST bought a milbridgeport MILL :hearteyes: instead of another car...My corvair farm will have to grow at a later date....unless there is a sos corvair around.... The voting is awsome and the votes are close but still spead out.....If you cant think WHITE , :LMs rule: than think one of the other selections. Were all winners but only one will be the grad baby...... :clap: KEEP THE VOTES COMING IN EVERYONE :tu: Love it :wrench: Crazy George THINK WHITE EVERYONE :wave:
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Whoever wins...I will need some new or additional pictures of your car ASAP for the December Calendar page. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

JasonC wrote:Nice lineup!!!

But my name is Jason Carns. Not Cams lol.
Jason Cams sounds more like a cool car guy name though.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
JasonC
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by JasonC »

azdave wrote:
Jason Cams sounds more like a cool car guy name though.
I was thinking that too lol!!!! ::-):
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp 4spd
1992 BMW 325ic
1997 Jeep Cherokee SE 4x4
dawgfishx wrote:Pennsylvanians...Annoying the British since 1775 ! ;-)
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:rafman: Now look at these votes coming in , not bad , were getting good results but not enough
What do ya think of snow
What do ya think of snow
not many thinking white , so I must throw a few more in
Coburn Park , Skowhegan , Maine
Coburn Park , Skowhegan , Maine
boy how the green got there , I dont know but I like that color ..... I quess I have to change my color , other than blue.....
She is Pretty
She is Pretty
Yeah , I am drying to see if discounts available for travel . Too many states to hunt in such a short time. I love colored corvairs front seats :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Now thank you for the votes and support and all the other votes for all the others for your consideration...
BUT NO ONE seems to care about the Maine art on the hand saw :wrench: OR THE GIFT CERT. FROM OUR GOOD MAN & SUPPORTER , RAFFEE CORVAIRS..... i HAVE NOT HEARD ANY THING ABOUT THESE .... WELL GUYS, IS IT THE CUSTOM MADE JERKY OR HORNET NEST OR MAYBE MY PICTURE WITH RONNIE....... I KNOW TIKI WANTS THAT HORNET NEST,,,, ROB WANTS HONEY, don't worry Rob , I am working on that. Jason got that smile and Brad has no phone...
The best forum out there and people to boot. I am glad to be a part of them even if I dont have them nice roads and weather.... so lets get more votes in. This is going to be the best turn out for the forum VOTE VOTE :woo: :swerve: cRAZY gEOrGE :tongue:
Attachments
Hunting for any color other than white,,, good boy
Hunting for any color other than white,,, good boy
idealride

Post by idealride »

Better be sure that little bears MOMA isnt sneaking up behind you!
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

In the lead :-) !!! :woo:

thanks everyone who is voting on/for me !!

Still more days to go, keep on voting !

:ty:
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

Tiki your doing great :tu: But I haven't given up.....As for a bear being around,
This bear was not friendly, nore liked any color.....
This bear was not friendly, nore liked any color.....
I am not worried about the mama bear sneaking up on me. :assault: They end up this way.... :pray: The votes have increased :eek: and not for me :sad5: thats how she goes.. The forum numbers look not bad,, :dontknow: we still have a week and its any ones bet.. :zzzz: ..So lets get some more votes in ....everyone... :clap: ...have some fun and some others join in..... Crazy George :tongue:
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I've been working like crazy to promote this Corvair of the Year program here and on Facebook. I think the red banner at the top really helps too! We have managed to encourage a lot more votes, but unfortunartely they are not going my way! :sad5: I had hoped for that yellow plate on the front of my blue convertible by January, but it probably won't happen. Your Lakewood is certainly worthy, and I wish you the best of luck! The same is really true of all the contestants. If it was easy to achieve, everyone would do it! But I'm glad to see all of this participation. I'm hoping some of our suggestions can be implemented next year to eliminate the EM vs. LM vs. FC element and to give each category a fair consideration within their own group and eliminate the EM/LM politicking.

There are currently 40 votes divided among seven LM Corvairs that won Corvair of the Month during 2012. Only three EM cars were chosen in 2012 as Corvair of the Month, and those three currently share 31 votes between them. Two of the EM Corvairs take the highest vote count, with 14 and 12 respectively. One LM is in third place with his 10 vote total.

If this contest were an EM vs. LM contest, the totals are tracking with the separate The Famous LM vs EM Debate (just for fun) numbers, which has been running since December 2009 and has accumulated a total of 287 votes, with LM Corvairs winning, as follows...

LM's are best.
46%
EM's are best.
39%
My Dad can beat up your Dad.
15%
Total votes : 287

So Late Model Corvairs have more monthly winners (7) and a higher total vote count (40), indicating that LM Corvairs are more popular on the Corvair Forum. But an EM Corvair will probably win Corvair of the year because EM fans are dividing their votes three ways, instead of seven ways. I still am in favor of removing the EM vs LM component by dividing them into two separate categories, and having everyone vote for one preference in each category. And since FC vans and trucks are a distinctive, but important, minority in this, I am also in favor of a third category for FC vehicles, with everyone voting in that category too. One winner in each category every month and at the end of the year.

Enough of this for the evening. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! Jumping off of my soapbox... :zzzz:
Brad Bodie
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

All right, Peeps, cast your votes! don't delay and choose one of those awesome Vairs! ....and for the winner, don't wait a year to claim your prize...hit me up for the $20 merchandise certificate, I know you need some gaskets to fix that leak, LOL! Keep them rolling, peace out!
Attachments
henry broussard 055 - Copy.jpg
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

Return to “Corvair of the Year Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”