Corvair of the Year 2012

1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show.
1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year.
All entrants in these contests have won Corvair of the Month during the current calendar year.
In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum.

Vote for Corvair of the Year 2012

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

JANUARY - 1965 MONZA COUPE: CRAZY GEORGE HERTLEIN
24%
FEBRUARY - 1965 CORSA CONV 180: JON & CHRISTINE BUCK
2%
MARCH - 1960 700 COUPE: ROBERT JENNINGS
15%
APRIL - 1965 MONZA 95: ED BARTLETT
4%
MAY - 1965 MONZA COUPE 140: JASON CARNS
8%
JUNE - 1961 LAKEWOOD: RALF VERHEES
21%
JULY - 1960 700 COUPE: CYNTHA KOREC
5%
AUGUST - 1966 CORSA CONV: BRAD BODIE
9%
SEPTEMBER - 1965 CORSA COUPE 140: NORM WITTE
7%
OCTOBER - 1965 MONZA COUPE 110: REIDMIER
3%

Total votes: 95

jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair of the Year 2012

Post by jennirw »

JUST ONE BIG QUESTION - HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE DRIVEN YOUR CORVAIR DAILY AND PUT OVER 12,000 MILES ON IT THIS YEAR? Many of them at 70+ mph on expressways. I don't think the 80 hp powerglide is that bad a combination - in my opinion it beats a turbo for daily driving. Good low speed torque, no need to rev engine. I have owned and driven daily all engines & trans except the 140 hp, I immeaditaly sold them at a profit whenever I purchased one.
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

ctryewe wrote:But if Rob needs a hornet nest, this one is empty, I'll save it for TikiRalf , let me fine a sleeping nest for Rob........ :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: CG :guitar:
a hornet nest ??......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHhhhhhhh..... run :helpsos:

:assault:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Ow by the way need 2 more votes :-)

PLEASE :sad5: <--- looks realy cute now

hahaha
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: :guitar: :wave: Say TikiRalf, got the awsome pictures, Tell Dad I'll bring the Moose burger..... I quess I need one more empty nest... How do you want yours delivered Tiki, shipping container or Air Mail.. I'll send Robs in a flat rate box :rolling: :wave: be back later....... CG :guitar: :not worthy:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

ctryewe wrote::wave: :guitar: :wave: Say TikiRalf, got the awsome pictures, Tell Dad I'll bring the Moose burger..... I quess I need one more empty nest... How do you want yours delivered Tiki, shipping container or Air Mail.. I'll send Robs in a flat rate box :rolling: :wave: be back later....... CG :guitar: :not worthy:
Dad would love to taste the Moose burger, maybe some day ::-): hahaha

and eeeh cant they fly any more hahahaha :rolling: Hornet Air Mail

Talk to you soon, and send some more pics, did you get my adres and phonenumber ??

oke i'll go to work now :zzzz: hahahaha :tongue:
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:angry: ::-):

I guess my comments about EM Corvairs and targeting Caveman Corvairs in particular really stirred up a hornet's nest, based on the earlier rebuttal. I hope the fact that I was joking and pulling the Caveman leg wasn't taken too seriously! We all know what it takes to restore, maintain, and drive a 40-50 plus year-old classic Corvair. They were designed for a 10-15 year lifespan, yet these aging engines are even used in aircraft! Pretty good!
NOT CORVAIR POWERED!! :whoa:

ImageImage
Even a CAVEMAN can do it!
An EM Daily Driver!
One of my favorite EM Caveman Corvairs...

With regard to the European Lakewood Corvair, can you ship a hornet's nest to Europe? :dontknow:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:assault: I know I sent ya pm you must of be :zzzz: in the reply , But Rob knows were playing around. :guitar: I sure hope he does.. :fingerscrossed: I know he has considered the hornet nest. :think: He would rather have it overnight instead :rolling: Besides, I don't see any one other than a few getting in there to draw interesting fun. :dontknow: We are cheap humor presently.....I like them pictures above. As for driving that many miles , that is nothing but awsome. :tu: No I cant say that.... But sorry , no corvair is going to hall my excavator.... Lead me to another question , we have no expressway in Cornville , some highways and alot of logging roads.....Maybe :eek: ROB you may be the lucky one to sample our jerky???????
My latest batch of jerky this morning done mmmmmm good
My latest batch of jerky this morning done mmmmmm good
Up early this morning processing......Or we can offer the winner a picture of Ronnie and I for kicks
Crazy Me and our Pres Ronnie
Crazy Me and our Pres Ronnie
Now keep in mine, this is not your new dart board, take a number and wait in line.....This all works in braining and promoting involvement an votings....hopefully my tempory engine goes in today :pray: and I am up north trapping a few days and give you guys a brake :not worthy: :not worthy: Also My adopted son ED with the hard knocks burnt 64, lost a tire off his car and waiting to report his damage so I may be involved more with him.....How about lets hearing from some others in here... :pray: So I hope we keep up the progress :tu: and get more voters in here........... :wave: :wave: CG :clap:
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:doh: I don't think Customs would pickup on the Hornet nest unless it was Hot :angry: :angry: renters inside. :guitar: CG
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND ME A LIVE BEES NEST - MAKE IT A HONEY BEE NEST INSTEAD OF A HORNETS NEST - THAT WOULD BE SWEET My apoligies to Rafee Corvair.
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: If you rather, let me check with my neightbor, he has honey bee hives..... But I would of thought you would want some Moose Jerky and the wonderful picture of me. (I had to cut off my beard and flat top for my wife) :sad5: :sad5: Now its pretty cold now..... I keep her happy with me farming corvairs out back..... :clap: CG
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

Crazy - I used to "farm" Studebakers on my 1/3 acre lot and a few Corvairs. But that was in the 1970's.
Studes 4.jpg
Studes 5.jpg
1962 CORVAIR MONZA COUPE (4).jpg
1960 700 COUPE
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:eek:
Jerky! You are supposed to eat that????? I thought it was a bucket of Corvair gasket material. It might work well to seal a leaky oil pan! Just drill or punch a few bolt holes.
::-): :puke:
Brad Bodie
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Cornville, Maine. Only 53 miles from the big city in Bangor. I used to be stationed at Hanscom AFB, near Boston, after I returned from Korea in 1977-1980, and then went to Germany. Always had at least one Corvair with us at all times. In Germany we had two -- both 1965 Corsas (one convertible and one coupe). See pictures below...

Anyway, my wife and I always loved New England, and hope to start a cross-country trip next summer with a journey to New England as the first leg of our trip from North Carolina in our 1966 Corsa convertible (I hope it does well in this Corvair of the Year competition. A win might help our Corsa to "feel better" about that long cross-country trip that's coming up!)

Maybe you can suggest some places in New England and Canada to visit with our Corvair. Parts of Maine? New Brunswick? Nova Scotia? Take a ferry boat to Newfoundland?

After we finish in the northeast we plan to press-on to Michigan for the CORSA convention, and then on to the Dakotas, Utah, Idaho, Washington, British Columbia, then south to Oregon and California, to San Diego via the Pacific Coast Highway, and then return east via Route 66. Another Corvair "daily driver"! We will be 60 and the Corvair will be 47. I hope we make it! I'm even considering putting a hitch on the Corsa for towing a small motorcycle trailer, so I can ride the motorcycle in some of these areas when we visit!
Attachments
The 1965 Corsa convertible I later took to Germany. This photo was taken back in 1965 when I was posing with my father. I was about 12.
The 1965 Corsa convertible I later took to Germany. This photo was taken back in 1965 when I was posing with my father. I was about 12.
That same 1965 Corsa convertible (now dark green) with  my then pregnant wife while stationed in Warner Robins, GA in 1973
That same 1965 Corsa convertible (now dark green) with my then pregnant wife while stationed in Warner Robins, GA in 1973
Earlier, back in Thousand Oaks, CA with our 1962 Monza.  We were newlyweds, and the Monza was still covered with poster paint from our April 1, 1972 wedding.
Earlier, back in Thousand Oaks, CA with our 1962 Monza. We were newlyweds, and the Monza was still covered with poster paint from our April 1, 1972 wedding.
The other 1965 Corsa (coupe) that we drove from Southern California to Lake Tahoe, then to New Jersey to ship to Germany.  Upon our return we had it shipped back to NJ, and then drove it back to Los Angeles.  Our primary family cars.  Do they count as &quot;Daily Drivers&quot;?
The other 1965 Corsa (coupe) that we drove from Southern California to Lake Tahoe, then to New Jersey to ship to Germany. Upon our return we had it shipped back to NJ, and then drove it back to Los Angeles. Our primary family cars. Do they count as "Daily Drivers"?
Our current &quot;daily driver&quot;. Our 1966 Corsa convertible, currently competing for Corvair of the Year and scheduled for a cross-country run next summer!
Our current "daily driver". Our 1966 Corsa convertible, currently competing for Corvair of the Year and scheduled for a cross-country run next summer!
My two motorcycles - a Suzuki Hayabusa and a Yamaha FJR1300 sport-touring bike.  The silver Yamaha on the right is the bike I would take on our cross-country run.
My two motorcycles - a Suzuki Hayabusa and a Yamaha FJR1300 sport-touring bike. The silver Yamaha on the right is the bike I would take on our cross-country run.
Last edited by bbodie52 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Bodie
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:eek: WOW :eek: LOVE THAT HERD OF STUDE'S :clap: :clap: :clap: THATS NEAT , I LOVE IT :cool: NOW LETS GET TO THE JERKY. YOU GOT MY WIFE AND I DOWN RIGHT LAUGHING. :tu: THATS THE HUMOR WE NEED.. BUT I HAVE TO TELL YA, TO MAKE THESE INTO GASKETS , THESE WOULD BE VERY VERY EXPENSIVE GASKETS. :02: :02: OUR OWN NUMBER ONE BEEF (HUNG 935 LBS.)
THIS IS WHY IN PART WE ARE RUNNING FOUR FREEZERS
THIS IS WHY IN PART WE ARE RUNNING FOUR FREEZERS
AND MOOSE (LEGAL) IN ELEVEN YEARS....BEING DRAWN. THE PREPARATION ,TIME MMMMMM I HAVE TO GET A PIECE...... LETS SEE WHO THE WINNER IS , SOME JERKY MAY BE IN A FLAT RATE BOX IN THERE FUTURE........I AM JUST THE ODD WAY . SO GET THEM VOTES IN.. cg
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I still think the jerky would make good gasket material. It kept the herd from leaking, didn't it? :whoa:

Maybe you could list that jerky in Clark's catalog as emergency rations to keep in the trunk in case of a Corvair breakdown. But then... we all know that Corvairs seldom, if ever break down! ::-): :tu:
Brad Bodie
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:tu: Good one , we must of been typing the same time. When I left Seymour Johnson in 79 to Loring Maine, I was force to sell my 66 corsa (my teen car, first car was stolen) we could not afford to move the maine with the car. She had a Cuda hood scoop on the rear , made a ram duct , 10 inch offset ss cragars on the rear with H-50 mickys on her with camaro air shocks four in one with 4 barrel.... if you see her down there :think: I had painted her rally green with kelly green metal frake.. I would love to find that car...any one.. You can always stop in Cornville and may be follow to the convention if things work out... Our Choc Lab a month ago came from Williamston N.C. over a month ago , You could of save me air cost and come visit Maine :banghead: that dog took me away from my corvair parts...... :sad5: So as for a daily driver, I think so... but you need more votes , so what you need to do is ask the other 2000 or so to please consider voting and join the fun....... :clap: :wave: :wave: :tongue: CG

Return to “Corvair of the Year Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”