Corvair of the Year 2012

1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show.
1960-1964 & 1965-1969 Corvair of the Year.
All entrants in these contests have won Corvair of the Month during the current calendar year.
In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum.

Vote for Corvair of the Year 2012

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

JANUARY - 1965 MONZA COUPE: CRAZY GEORGE HERTLEIN
24%
FEBRUARY - 1965 CORSA CONV 180: JON & CHRISTINE BUCK
2%
MARCH - 1960 700 COUPE: ROBERT JENNINGS
15%
APRIL - 1965 MONZA 95: ED BARTLETT
4%
MAY - 1965 MONZA COUPE 140: JASON CARNS
8%
JUNE - 1961 LAKEWOOD: RALF VERHEES
21%
JULY - 1960 700 COUPE: CYNTHA KOREC
5%
AUGUST - 1966 CORSA CONV: BRAD BODIE
9%
SEPTEMBER - 1965 CORSA COUPE 140: NORM WITTE
7%
OCTOBER - 1965 MONZA COUPE 110: REIDMIER
3%

Total votes: 95

jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair of the Year 2012

Post by jennirw »

HERE ARE SOME STATISTICS:
CORVAIR OF THE MONTH-YEAR.jpg
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:shhh: Gee Jennirw , thats neat and the break down is awsome.. Once apond a time , I ate breath statistics many years :think: ago as a analyst in the AirForce. Now I cant add two plus two. :sad5: :doh: :sad5: I like that chart. shows where we were and where we are at.... :tu: BUT this being a holiday week may lesson the membership in voting. The way the holiday fell into place, leaves about a week to go.... I sure hope :fingerscrossed: we can get more votes in there. I wonder if the new members we keep getting and as the CorvairForum grows, KNOWS THAT THEY CAN VOTE. One individual I spoke with the other day does not look at the month and year deal.. :sad5: So we need to brain up to make it more interesting. I know I have fun when I can be around. Thank you for putting that chart up. Good Idea :goodpost: Cg
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBERS OF MEMBERS THAT DO NOT VOTE I AM ALSO CONCERNED THAT THEY DO NOT CARE OR UNDERSTAND. We have 2,643 members and less then 60 vote at any given time. That's why I feel the voting should be featured on the index page with thumbnails. Then we will know if the number of votes does not increase that at least it was not because someone did not know or understand.
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:think: I have been leaning on the care or understand myself. :dontknow: Just myself , there is so much that I don't understand either :dontknow: all we can do is help the process and take it from there.. :pray: We all have time issues , me being one. :eek: So we have to enjoy what we do, hope for the best and that if there is a question , than they should ask.... I think if TikiRalf pulls it off , I may send him the hornet nest.... unless we have any other takers... :zzzz: CG
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Ok, how about the new banner. Is it too much?
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:tu: :tu: :tu: Just something we were talking about. :clap: :clap: :clap: I just wack out notice it on another thread your car is home... it gets your attention..... cant make out the first few words to clear I think but catchs the eye for me just fine.....Lets keep braining........nice thought and see if it works some... :whoa: GEE it must of , it got me another vote :tu: :tu: thanks Crazy George :rolling: :rolling: them dogs keep me up at all hours :sad5: :banghead:
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I like the banner. I have been trying to attract more attention to the Corvair of the Year voting with a brief statement at the end of my own posts, and with statements on the Facebook CORSA Web site. This banner seems to be more of what is needed to attract participation. Hopefully it will work! :clap: :tu:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

that certainly should help - even better if it had a direct link to the current voting...........i just discovered if you click on the banner it sends you to the COTM & COTY - did not realize that - maybe should have note saying so
1960 700 COUPE
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:dontknow: I just tried that on the banner, I did not know after Scott installed it.... Clever Scott :tu: :tu: :tu: but a click here button would be awsome too! :pray: Can we have one Scott? This will work out very well....Also , TikiRalf , I hope I did not make you feel bad on not emailing ... Dad's cooking always takes it all..... Great emails and pictures this morning. May be share that vacation on the forum as well .. You put on almost as many miles as 1unsafe did this year. :think: Well it cold here and onto another making moose jerky again.
First batch yesterday,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm good could be a incentive next year , hint hint
First batch yesterday,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm good could be a incentive next year , hint hint
Yeah its the BEST!!!!!!!!!! CG :zzzz:
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

I can make the banner click go to the current voting but then it would have to be updated every time we start a new vote. Which I can do if it would help.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

It takes you directly to the current voting now.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: Hey SCOTT !!!! Thats cool. I tried it. :guitar: Even this simple mind did it. Now hopefully the membership might join in.....Since the banner went on, I see it has picked up some votes... Good Braining :tu: :tu: :tu: Back to work . check later :clap: :clap: for Scott.... CG :wrench:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

and more votes :-) whoooie hahaha

I lIKE !
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:assault: :assault: LOOK AT THEM VOTES COMING IN. That banner must of spark some interest.... About time... :clap: As it stands , looks like Rob wants that Hornets nest.... :rolling: I will have to hunt for another for Tiki :not worthy: CG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Rob needs something to add power to that old 1960 140 CI engine. Maybe that hornet's nest will make him move faster.

"Caveman" 1960 Corvairs always seem to do well in these competitions. They get a strong "sympathy vote" from those who feel for the underdog. :tongue: ::-):

Seriously though, it seems that the active, visible promotions on the Corvair Forum and on the CORSA Facebook Web site are having a positive impact. Perhaps implementing some of the suggested changes next year would continue the upward trend!

Love it Blue Convertible's Rule! :LMs rule: :chevy:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

Yeah , you could be right in some respects. :think: I agree on the lates , :dontknow: about the blue :tu: Still is fun either way.. Its like telling one of the potato farmers up north that a potato is a potato, BOY did them french man give me a talking too!!!!!! How many potato's there are , what this potato is for , (I LIKE THE POTATO GUN MYSELF) so I know now NOT to say a corvair is a corvair..... We share the same insterest.... But if Rob needs a hornet nest, this one is empty, I'll save it for TikiRalf , let me fine a sleeping nest for Rob........ :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: CG :guitar:

Return to “Corvair of the Year Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”