Hey folks, new to forum. I own a 65 monza coupe with PG. Bought in '99 and its been a driving project. She's full of bon

View this section for articles about late model Corvairs - excluding comparisons.
jeremy cox

Hey folks, new to forum. I own a 65 monza coupe with PG. Bought in '99 and its been a driving project. She's full of bon

Post by jeremy cox »

New to forum

Sent from my [device_name] using Corvair Forum mobile app

Jerry Whitt

Re: Hey folks, new to forum. I own a 65 monza coupe with PG. Bought in '99 and its been a driving project. She's full of

Post by Jerry Whitt »

Welcome to the Forum! No idea what the term "She's full of bon" means.
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Hey folks, new to forum. I own a 65 monza coupe with PG. Bought in '99 and its been a driving project. She's full of

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

:woo: :doh: :think: It looks like you got started with your post while you were still typing in the SUBJECT line, and then ran out of room.

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to restart and expand on your earlier post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your Corvair. If you can provide your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your specific location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
jeremy cox

Post by jeremy cox »

Sorry. Not tech savvy. I meant she's full of bondo. I bought this car back in '99. Fixing it up a little at a time. Paid $400. It was rotted to the door handles and didn't run. It has always been a New England car. I live in NH so she spends winters in the shed! I am decent in mechanical field as long as I have manuals and a great forum like this. Most of you guys really know your stuff. I'll post pictures in the spring. She ain't pretty but fun to drive. I even gave her a shade tree 50/50 paint job last summer 50 feet or 50 mph...haha! Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!!

Jerry Whitt

Post by Jerry Whitt »

There is available special hi pressure spray cans from Canada that can be used for paint. I approached a local auto paint store, and they used a machine about the size of a cell phone to measure the color on my Corsa. The intention was to do some touch up. The hi pressure cans did a really good job. It was so good, that with color sanding, then rubbing out with a buffer, the car looks good at even 2 feet.

If you choose to take time and willing to expend some energy, a good paint job can be done. (last Saturday received an award at local car show)
Jerry Whitt
ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECHNICIAN
Retired
Hemet, Callifornia
65 Monza, purchased new
65 Corsa convertible
jeremy cox

Post by jeremy cox »

Jerry Whitt wrote:There is available special hi pressure spray cans from Canada that can be used for paint. I approached a local auto paint store, and they used a machine about the size of a cell phone to measure the color on my Corsa. The intention was to do some touch up. The hi pressure cans did a really good job. It was so good, that with color sanding, then rubbing out with a buffer, the car looks good at even 2 feet.

If you choose to take time and willing to expend some energy, a good paint job can be done. (last Saturday received an award at local car show)
Nice. May check it out in the spring. I dont have a garage. The Vair is stored in a 12x20 shed. I just bought an electronic ignition and a better coil from Clarks. Gonna install when I get time. In the military so I travel a lot! Thanks

Return to “Articles covering the 1965 -1969 models”