Looking for a used usable gas tank for 1965 corvair

Buy or Sell Corvair parts.
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
falkenhausen

Looking for a used usable gas tank for 1965 corvair

Unread post by falkenhausen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 am

Searching for a gas tank for a 1965 corvair

Having a good 1960 corvair used gas tank for sale

If anybody will help me would be nice . Thank you guys very much

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app

notched

Re: Looking for a used usable gas tank for 1965 corvair

Unread post by notched » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 am

Location would help to point you in the right direction.
1966 Corsa turbo
1969 Monza convertible
1987 Buick Grand National

falkenhausen

Unread post by falkenhausen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 am

My location is germany . So it must be shipped .

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by bbodie52 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 am

:welcome2: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Since you are new here, we must begin by stating that we know absolutely nothing about you. We don't know what your technical knowledge is regarding Corvairs, how much research you have done in locating parts yourself, what your mechanical skills are, etc. That being said, I want to start out by providing you with some basic background information regarding the pricing and availability of a new fuel tank and associated hardware. Replacing an aging tank on a classic Corvair often involves mounting hardware and other associated components that are in poor condition and may also need to be replaced. Rusty bolts and damaged mounting hardware may not be reusable, so you will need to consider all of these things as a part of the process of replacing the fuel tank on your Corvair. We also don't know your location, and shipping costs for either a new or used fuel tank and other hardware that might be needed has to be considered.

Clark's Corvair Parts is the largest and oldest Corvair parts supplier in the world. They have been around for decades and have a very large inventory of the things you may need to keep your Corvair safe and drivable. They also reproduce, or contract to have reproduced many essential components that you simply cannot buy anywhere else. Used components are also available, and I have listed a used Corvair parts supplier below that may be able to help you in many ways. They may also have used fuel tanks that are serviceable and usable. Many old fuel tanks are badly rusted and filled with contaminants that make them unsuitable for reuse. If you want to pursue buying a used tank, or pricing one to see how it compares with purchasing a new tank as listed below, I would recommend that you contact the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. They have a very large inventory of used Corvair parts, and a lot of experience with shipping costs and other questions that you may have. Contacting them may also provide you with useful information that you can make a decision regarding the replacement of your Corvair fuel tank.

ImageImage
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... IN&page=69

Part number C151: 61-69 CAR GAS TANK-MUST ORDER NEW GASKET *C155 (CAN'T REUSE)-SUG RETAINER(C156)& HOSES

Weight: 40 lbs 0 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 69
Price:
1 - 1 $ 169.55
2 - 2 $ 164.50
3+ $ 161.10

:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... ow_page=70

Here's the information you will need to check with the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania to price a used part...

:link: http://www.corvairranch.com/

1079 Bon-Ox Road, ​Gettysburg, ​PA. 17325 USA
​Phone: 717-624-2805
fax us by the same number... ask us to hook up the machine
​Email: findit@theranch.today
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 9 to 5, Saturday 9 to 12
or contact us for an appointment.

Fuel Tank Removal & Installation

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=5779

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. While the Corvair Forum can be very helpful as you work on your Corvair, having local friends and contacts in your region who are knowledgeable about the Corvair can also be very helpful. These family-friendly CORSA chapters often offer picnics, group scenic drives, technical training and assistance, car shows, and competition events that can greatly enhance your enjoyment of Corvair ownership. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. I think you will be amazed at the quality of the reproduction components they offer — particularly the interior carpeting and re-upholstery items. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by bbodie52 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 am

falkenhausen wrote:Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 am

My location is germany . So it must be shipped.
I just saw your response regarding your location in Germany when I posted the previous information about replacing your fuel tank. Where in Germany are you located? I was stationed with the US Air Force in Kaiserslautern (near Ramstein Air Base) many years ago, from 1980 to 1983. I also know that you will likely run into significant expense to ship Corvair parts to Europe, as I have corresponded with many Corvair owners in England, France, Italy and other European locations, and they also suffer from the high shipping and import costs associated with obtaining Corvair parts in Europe.

Corvair fuel tanks are essentially the same in all Corvair passenger cars from 1961 through 1969. Serviceable used parts are somewhat difficult to obtain in the United States and likely almost impossible to obtain in Europe. Unless another Corvair enthusiast in Europe reads this thread and has spare Corvair parts to contribute to the cause, I would guess that it is unlikely that a source of used parts in Europe will be found.

There are Corvair clubs listed in France, the Netherlands, and in Switzerland…
Swiss Corvair Club Bachtelenstrasse 39 CH-2540 Grenchen, Switzerland
:link: https://www.corvair.ch/

Corvair Club Nederland Corn. Anthoniszstraat 69/2 1071 VS Amsterdam
:link: http://www.corvair.nl/

Corvair Club of Paris Les Granges le Roi 91410 Dourdan France
:link: http://corvairfrance.free.fr/

The only thing I can suggest is carefully assessing all of your needs in replacing your tank on your Corvair, so that all of the parts can be ordered at one time and delivered to you in a single consolidated shipment. Such a method may save some money instead of having multiple small shipments made as you discover additional needs while working with your Corvair. I would suggest that you carefully review the Clark's Corvair Parts online catalog and the link I provided regarding fuel tank removal and installation so that you can develop a complete list of materials that you expect to need to complete the job on your Corvair. You may find that a new tank is not that much more expensive than a used tank, and purchasing all of your needs from a single source supplier like Clark's Corvair Parts will help you to consolidate your needs into a single shipment to save money that way. Since Clark's Corvair Parts often supplies Corvair owners throughout the world, contacting them with your list of needed items may provide you with shipping information based on their experience with worldwide shipments.
Brad Bodie

falkenhausen

Unread post by falkenhausen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:34 am

Thank you very much . I found some on ebay brand new but the sellers wont ship to europe . They only ship inside the states . So i have to look anywhere else . Clarks is also known . I wrote an email to them but never got an answer . So i thought they also dont ship to germany . So i found this forum and asked here for help . Thanks

cnicol

Unread post by cnicol » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:32 am

You should contact Bran's Garage Sari in Crassier, Switzerland. He has quite a few Corvair parts and connections all over Europe. If you're on Facebook, search for: Jean-Philippe Bran
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)

terribleted

Unread post by terribleted » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:35 pm

falkenhausen wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:34 am
Thank you very much . I found some on ebay brand new but the sellers wont ship to europe . They only ship inside the states . So i have to look anywhere else . Clarks is also known . I wrote an email to them but never got an answer . So i thought they also dont ship to germany . So i found this forum and asked here for help . Thanks

I believe Clarks ships world wide. They are a pretty efficient organization as well, so, if you got no response to email I would try again. I would bet something went wrong with email transmission causing there to be no response.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Unread post by bbodie52 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:54 pm

I sent a message to Clark's Corvair Parts earlier today on your behalf asking about a gas tank and whether or not they ship to Germany. Here is the response I received this afternoon...
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 1:52 PM
To: bodiefamily@msn.com
Subject: RE: Technical Service Form

Thanks, I believe he just emailed over the long weekend so we are just now getting back to people on the email questions, thanks.

Clark's Corvair Parts - Clark's Corvair - What's New
44 years of reproducing and supplying Corvair parts Review our products and services

Clarks Corvair Parts
400 Mohawk Trail
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370
www.corvair.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:14 AM
Subject: Technical Service Form

comments: We have a new member on the Corvair Forum who owns a Corvair and lives in Germany. He needs a new fuel tank but says he has written to you but has not received an answer. Do you ship to Germany?

"Thank you very much . I found some on eBay brand new but the sellers wont ship to Europe .
They only ship inside the states . So i have to look anywhere else . Clark's is also known . I wrote an email to them but never got an answer .
So i thought they also don't ship to Germany . So i found this forum and asked here for help .
Thanks"

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13425
Brad Bodie

CorvairCon65

Unread post by CorvairCon65 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 am

falkenhausen wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:34 am

I recently bought a deluxe fuel tank kit with all of the hoses, sender unit etc, it was quite good value for what's included. I'm fortunate in having a friend in Vermont, I had it shipped to him and he sent to me as a 'gift' to reduce the customs bill here in the UK. But Clarkes does ship to the UK, I have had many parcels from them, so I have no doubt that they would ship to Germany. I do recommend calling them rather than using their online ordering form which I've found can be a little cumbersome. Sometimes there is the added benefit that if you call them they can make recommendations for what you need, which is handy.

jmikulec

Unread post by jmikulec » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 am

I have a treated used gas tank for a 65 vair if anyone needs it

Return to “Parts For Sale”