1964 spyder for sale, in storage for years

(Corvair ads you find on other sites can also be discussed here, i.e. ebay, craigslist.)
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
67coronet

1964 spyder for sale, in storage for years

Unread post by 67coronet » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I asked a few questions about this 64 spyder a couple years back, Thanks again for the help.
It was my stepdads and he had passed away, my mother is now ready to sell it if anyone is interested.
It has sat in a steel bld, on concrete for near 10 yrs.
It has had one repaint several years ago. The car was very solid it had spent part of its life in AZ. not sure how long but there is some AZ. registrations in the glove box.
It has a current Iowa title that is stored and clear. 68K miles
It was running and driving fine when stored, but now the fuel system will need gone through along with other things to bring it back to life again.
The clutch is not stuck, brakes work , engine turns over by hand, near the time of the paint job he had sent the heads out for a rebuild something to do with a few valve seats if we recall correctly.
I am posting a link to pictures if you care to check it out, surface rust on pans is not through, they are solid but need cleaned up. Both door panels will need replaced or recovered.
The car is not perfect but is close to original for the most part and complete.
She is asking $7,500 or as close to that as she can get.
I will check back in to see if there is any intrest, Thanks for looking, Dan
https://www.snapfish.com/library/share? ... 0/SNAPFISH

gnrand

Re: 1964 spyder for sale, in storage for years

Unread post by gnrand » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 am

Where is the car located (just a general location of the state it is in).
Jeff
1965 140 Corsa
1968 140 Monza convertible 4 speed
1965 Corsa Convertible
1986 Buick GN V6 600hp

67coronet

Unread post by 67coronet » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 am

Its in central Iowa Jeff.
Thanks for asking.

N8

Unread post by N8 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 pm

What do you think will need to be done to get it going? I am not a mechanic and would like do the work myself.

How did you come up with your asking price?

Thanks,

Nate

67coronet

Unread post by 67coronet » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:49 pm

To get it going I would think a oil change, fuel tank cleaned , and carb cleaned and or rebuild kit, new battery, and also the brakes are working but I would think a good check over of the brake system should be done.
I know my step dad had pertronix ignition in his other corvairs so I figure this one does also but I have not pulled the cap to ck. Just thought of that.

As far as price, that is what my mother said to price it at and see if there is any interest in it.

N8

Unread post by N8 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I new to Corvairs and the idea of working on cars. I like the idea of learning about cars and maintaining an older car, but I don't want something that is beyond my ability and I don't have a ton of free time with a wife and 2 kids so I would like it to run without a huge time investment. Do you think the work needed is "beginner" ? I am a mechanical minded person so I think I will take to it, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Regarding the price I saw this:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/ ... upe/Values

Let me know if I am off base, but if a car is not running wouldn't the cost be closer to the average low number of $3525?

I'm happy to give you a call to talk in person if that works better

-Nate

67coronet

Unread post by 67coronet » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Nate, I would be glad to talk with you anytime, I can PM you my #. As far as getting it up and running It just depends on how much of the work you can do yourself and how much you hire done as far as skill and cost.
Thanks for the nada link, after looking at it I don't think she is to far off the mark on her price, no doubt she is prob a little on the high end, the car isn't excellent but with a clean fuel system and a couple door panels I can see it as { good }.
I have never searched for a complete spyder outside of my limited contact on here with a few members and my stepdad when he was still here, I don't know a lot about them. I knew they were a special model due to the 4spd and turbo.
To me the neat thing about this one is its complete spyder and not a bucket of bondo.
I just figured this was the place to post it since all you guys like corvairs.
As far as offers or price I will run anything past her anyone offers, she is 80 but a sharp as a tack 80.
I will send you my # Nate , thanks again for your intrest.

N8

Unread post by N8 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 am

Sounds good, I'll give you a call.

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”