Wheel cylinder and MC bore sizes for 61 FC

All Models and Years
Danthesignman

Wheel cylinder and MC bore sizes for 61 FC

Post by Danthesignman »

I don`t have all my manuals for my new van yet and want to get it rolling . Could anyone tell me the sizes so I might get kits at the FLAPS ?? I have a long weekend coming up to get the work done otherwise I would just order them .
Vanman

Re: Wheel cylinder and MC bore sizes for 61 FC

Post by Vanman »

I dont know a whole lot about FC's just yet, but as I understand it the later ones had dual circuit masters. I would make the suggestion of doing a uprgrade to dual circuit any time you have the chance to, for safety's sake. Once I get to the point of redoing my brake system it will definetly be something I intend on doing.

Your life may depend on it.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
rodnokn6

Post by rodnokn6 »

i'm pretty sure no fc came from the factory with dual circuit mastercylinders. chevy produced fcs from '61 thru '65 I believe dual mcs didn't come out until '67 ,however I do agree with you about upgrading, as soon as I get my truck running I'm going to tackle the brakes too .
Last edited by rodnokn6 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Like I said I don't know much about Vairs, I'm learning though. I thought I had seen where someone had converted to DC. Sorry, I'm a aircooled VW guy playin with Vairs, I'm not used to not knowing things, I know the VW's pretty good.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.
Danthesignman

Post by Danthesignman »

Well , I got everything rebuilt yesterday , MC is 1" , got a kit from NAPA , WC are 1" front and 1 1/8" rear . I definately want to do the dual MC conversion , have to watch the money so I have enough to get it to the convention . Vanman are YOu coming to Cedar Rapids ??
Vanman

Post by Vanman »

Wasn't planning on going. The whole Vair scene is still somewhat new to me. I work a lot of hours at a small company and it is hard to get time off. I also have two boys 4 and 11, and the youngest is in T ball. My car plans are for staying local say cruise nights maybe the orphan car show in Yorkville I L. I had planned on going to the Hunnert car pile up but now its in Decatur I L and its to far to drive with my Dadan that sucks cause it was 1/2 hour away in Morris and I usualy don't miss it, it wae the best midwest traditional hot rod show, still is but now to far away.

If any one is passing by me they are welcome to stop by and say hi on the way to the convention I am 15min NW of I80 and I55 in Plainfield I L. That goes for anyone going, if I'm home. Pm me to discuss it further.
Kevin, Plainfield IL

'63 Corvan

'63 Custom Bug.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”