Corvair 95 bench seat.

All Models and Years
DROPPEDATBIRTH

Corvair 95 bench seat.

Post by DROPPEDATBIRTH »

Allright I am in the process of wanting to redo my interior a little at a time. Over the last few months I have found several people who said that the bench seat in all the FC's are the same bench seats that were used in the corrasponding year Novas (minus the seat bracket). The reason I want to know is I am having the interior guy who does our interiors and stiching at the shop recover my sun visors but I was going to ask him to redo my seat, but if it is the same seat that the Nova uses I can call Catskins and get a leather replacement cover with all the retaining clips and put it on myself.
Dustin
Sewickley, PA
"63 Corvair Panel"
atwistedgrip
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair 95 bench seat.

Post by atwistedgrip »

I don't think they are the same, but it might be close.
Gary
Sun City is now Menifee, CA
CORSA member
IECC member
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I dont know where you are but I have a few bench seats for the FCs. Im in north middle tenn. Jimbo
Chi2

Post by Chi2 »

DROPPEDATBIRTH wrote:Allright I am in the process of wanting to redo my interior a little at a time. Over the last few months I have found several people who said that the bench seat in all the FC's are the same bench seats that were used in the corrasponding year Novas (minus the seat bracket). The reason I want to know is I am having the interior guy who does our interiors and stiching at the shop recover my sun visors but I was going to ask him to redo my seat, but if it is the same seat that the Nova uses I can call Catskins and get a leather replacement cover with all the retaining clips and put it on myself.
Hi,
This is a very old thread, but did anyone confirm that the GB bench seat is the same dimensions as a Nova? I'm interested in buying some aftermarket neoprene seat covers, and for some reason it seems like more companies have patterns for old Nova's but not Corvairs.

Thanks!
1964 Greenbrier, 4sp
1961 Rampside, 110hp engine
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I may be wrong but I dont think they are the same Jimbo :fc front: .

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”