Vote - Corvair of the Month May 2015

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month May 2015

Poll ended at Sat May 30, 2015 4:36 pm

68-500
14%
UNSAFE
14%
c. armstrong
3%
azdave
31%
j7hunter
14%
greatscott73
23%

Total votes: 35

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Vote - Corvair of the Month May 2015

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: greatscott73 -- Your 1964 convertible is certainly a very close second, and I believe it is worthy of a Corvair of the Month win as well. I knew there was a lot of work involved in restoring your car. The COTM competition has just opened for July. Perhaps you could reenter, but this time combine and sequence the before and after photos to showcase your work more clearly. Perhaps a little more narrative would strengthen the entry as well. I hope you will resubmit your entry. Good luck!
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
greatscott73
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by greatscott73 »

Entry has been resubmitted for July. Thank you for the guidance and encouragement as well as the kind words.
Fast Eddie
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Fast Eddie »

Gorgeous '64. Your car has my vote so far. Something really special will have to be entered to change my mind.
If it aint broke, give me a minute
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Thanks to everyone...always appreciate the support and comments!

Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
Ragtop Man

Post by Ragtop Man »

Congratulations Dave . Gorgeous car . I tried to read your WSJ article but it wants me to register so I couldn't read it . I'm registered in too many websites now ! . Maybe you could paste it ?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I discovered that WSJ problem some time ago and posted a copy of the article in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format. I also included a link for some additional pictures in that post.

You can view that post by clicking on the link below...

:link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9726&p=66994&hilit ... try#p66994
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”