VOTE for Corvair of the Month October 2013

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month October 2013

Poll ended at Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Grandma's 63
18%
dagdal1967
8%
USAF_vair
18%
jlouis707
13%
vairynuts
15%
greatscott73
28%

Total votes: 39

Scott H
Site Admin

VOTE for Corvair of the Month October 2013

Post by Scott H »

:goofywave: Voting now Open :goofywave:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Grandma's 63

Re: ENTER Corvair of the Month October 2013

Post by Grandma's 63 »

Hello all, new to this board. This is my 63 900 Monza 102hp 2 Speed PG that my Grandmother purchased brand new and was taken off the road in the late 70's. The car sat is my Dads barn until he gave it to me a couple of years ago. I finaly got it road ready again on Labor day weekend. I had the carbs redone, complete tune up and had to install a new gas tank as I could not get the old one to stop leaking by the sending unit. Other than that this is exactly as it came out of the barn. It has always been stored inside and only has 54,034 miles on it and in very good shape. It Is not rare but this car means more to me than if I purchased the most rare Vair as it was my Grandma's car and I remember her and Grandpa driving it. Hope you all like it.

Added some pics I took today, running and driving good, now its time for a good clean up and detail this week.

My dad did repaint it in the late 70's and I remember driving it in a parade before I had my license. It got parked shortly after that. I need to look for some old pics of it.
Attachments
vair63.jpg
vlff.jpg
vlfs.jpg
vli.jpg
vb.jpg
Grandma saved all the books, maps and receipts to everything.
Grandma saved all the books, maps and receipts to everything.
vl.jpg
vsw.jpg
vm1.jpg
Where she bought it new in 63 which is no longer there.
Where she bought it new in 63 which is no longer there.
vtl.jpg
vtr.jpg
$3.79 for a lube back in 63. Notice on the top they have Corvair and Chevrolet in their letterhead.
$3.79 for a lube back in 63. Notice on the top they have Corvair and Chevrolet in their letterhead.
Last edited by Grandma's 63 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by dagdal1967 »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I present the lady love of my life, Vera Miles (just don't tell my boyfriend! :tongue: ) A 1964 Monza 4 Speed Manual Club Coupe in Palomar Red . Picked her up over the 4th of July weekend in Charlotte, NC and drove her back to Dallas, TX. Have had a blast polishing up the little loose ends and driving her around. She's quite the super-model and love the attention she gets everywhere she goes.

Hope you like her.
What a beautiful Profile.
What a beautiful Profile.
Posing for the camera
Posing for the camera
Showing her Naughty Bits
Showing her Naughty Bits
Interior as good as the exterior. And Original to boot
Interior as good as the exterior. And Original to boot
IMG_0008.jpg
Wink Wink!
Wink Wink!
Gotta love those lines
Gotta love those lines
Posing with the Sun-Sphere!
Posing with the Sun-Sphere!
Everywhere she goes, she draws a crowd. Stopping here to take some time to pose for the stewards at the Marriott
Everywhere she goes, she draws a crowd. Stopping here to take some time to pose for the stewards at the Marriott
A shot outside the Lorraine Motel. She does like to pose.
A shot outside the Lorraine Motel. She does like to pose.
Just because she's a super-model doesn't me she can't be a good-ole-girl.  Gus' Fried Chicken! Mmmm-MMMHH!
Just because she's a super-model doesn't me she can't be a good-ole-girl. Gus' Fried Chicken! Mmmm-MMMHH!
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas

- 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium
- 1964 Palomar Red Corvair 900 Monza Club Coupe
- 1961 Lincoln Continental

The Air Cooled Addiction Continues...
dagdal1967
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by dagdal1967 »

Grandma's 63:

That is ONE SEXY CAR.. But then again , I'm partial to Earlies!

:EMs Rule:
Doug Gault
Fort Worth, Texas

- 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium
- 1964 Palomar Red Corvair 900 Monza Club Coupe
- 1961 Lincoln Continental

The Air Cooled Addiction Continues...
USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

Hello, Here is my corvair that I have been working on for a few years. all the engine, body and transmission work was done by me and my father.
Year 1965 Corvair
owner - Tony Becker
age- 24
tony's 65 corvair
tony's 65 corvair
I started this rebuild about three years ago while I was in the air force. I had the car for a few years before and drove it around when It was a white and faded corvair that needed to be restored.
I started the rebuild with the engine-
heads are 140 that I port and polished with a DA and lots of time getting the burs and such in the intake.
block has been cleaned and oil passages are all cleaned free flowing for good oil return
installed a high volume oil pump from clarks and otto oil pan.
bore- .030mm
cam- Otto's TB-30

I then started on the fuel system
decided to install a fuel injection system from Accel- Accel's Gen 7 Digital engine management set-up
I opted for a throttle body fuel injection set-up to get the engine running.
wideband O2 sensor
accel 6A DFi electronic ignition box
engine
engine
computers
computers
the body work was all done by myself. I took all paint off the car making the body completely metal. replaced the floor pans and driver side front fender panel behind he front tire to the door. I decided to weld in the front and rear bumpers and weld in the body lines on all 4 corners to include the chrome moldings around the rear tail-lights and front blinkers.
front
front
rear
rear
I primer the car twice and blocked it out twice to make it as smooth as I could for the first time ever doing paint and body. The base color I went with is the 2006 Subaru WR-x blue with a Tuxedo black as the stripping. The clear coat I used is planned as I have read about doing it and loved the first car I saw with this on it. I used the Fix-& flat from PPG and mixed in a concept 3000 into the flat clear at ratio of 85-15% making the color flat but still have a SHIN that still gives a gloss look.
side
side
The hood is a custom corvair Cowl hood that i fabricated and welded up using the original corvair hood. I did this because the strip idea i had and to improve that reaction all corvair owners hear from the young kids at car shows when they see the engine in the rear of the car.
hood
hood
the one thing that I had done outside the shop is the seats. I had a guy re-upholstery the front and rear seats along with the door panels.
I finished the interior off with a nice sound system mainly from Hurtz audio and I made the speaker boxes up myself.

the project was finished off with a Digital dash that has all outputs just like a normal vehicle these days. I also installed a cruise control system so i can drive comfortable on those long trips such as driving the car the 1400 miles to Corsa nationals
Attachments
side view
side view
rear seats
rear seats
door
door
front
front
IMG_3801.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG
315652_303154206484306_1394141629_n.jpg
379240_253450194788041_1394957476_n.jpg
USAF_vair

Post by USAF_vair »

Dakota Dash
Dakota Dash
here is a few pictures of the rebuild over time

I built the dash so it will hold a modern day stereo deck
Attachments
the car before I started restoring the car
the car before I started restoring the car
602350_217900268343034_2028047465_n.jpg
only base coat paint.
only base coat paint.
custom dash so the deck can be installed
custom dash so the deck can be installed
IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_5161.JPG
Last edited by USAF_vair on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

wow, some really nice entries so far this month. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Grandma's 63

Post by Grandma's 63 »

Added some new pics of my 63 to my earlier post.
jlouis707

Post by jlouis707 »

My dream of finally owning a Corvair Convertible finally came true this month. My uncle had a 1965 Corvair Convertible in Palomar Red with a white interior and ever since I saw his I wanted one too. My Corvair is a 1963 Monza 900 convertible finished in Ermine White with a red interior and a white top. It is optioned with a Power Glide automatic transmission and has the factory option wire wheel covers. It still has its perfectly functioning original AM radio which I enjoy listening to football and baseball games that are broadcasted. The car was originally sold in South Carolina. I am really excited about joining the Corvair community and enjoying driving my Corvair with the top down.
Attachments
1963 Corvair - Pure Station.JPG
1963 Corvair - Vintage Pure Station.jpg
1963 - Corvair Arrival.jpg
1963 - Corvair Front View.jpg
1963 Corvair - Rear view.JPG
1963 Corvair Interior.JPG
Last edited by jlouis707 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Louis
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible
Ermine White w/Red Interior
Grandma's 63

Post by Grandma's 63 »

Nice looking 63 there 707.
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Really tough choices coming up for October too..
Joe West
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Joe West »

Tough choices... No kidding. There are some beautiful unrestored corvairs in this batch. Love it!
Joe F. West
http://www.corvairspyder.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vairynuts
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by vairynuts »

1965 CORVAIR SE SEDAN

This is my 1965 modified 4 door sedan with auto 110HP EFI in dark charcoal metalic with a tri-tone bronze metalic interior. This was a 3 year rotisserie ground up resotoration that i recently finished. Custom mods include but are not limited to the following, Brown EFI, relocated automatic shifter to a floor center console, relocated E brake handle to a floor center console, The center console is from a 2001 Sebring and uses the sebring shifter and E brake (both heavily modified), The seats both front buckets and rear bench are 2001 Sebring leather power seats, This has a Dakota digital gear selector readout and safety neutral, The gauge cluster is custom made from a monza and has classic instrument gauges, the electric moon roof is from a 1989 Acura legend, the wheels are 442 olds and powder coated bronze metallic to match the interior color, The rear spoiler is from a 90s mustang with the risers heightened about 3". The engine tin is powder coated bronze metallic, the mufflers are dual chrome Harley speedster mufflers and sound great. the original front emblem was exchanged for a 1960, and an electric hood release with safety was installed. The steering column is a tilting Ididit with an S-10 steering wheel. The taillights are C4 Corvette and are sequential in that each pair blink one after the other. This car runs and drives better than new. I plan on adding power windows, locks and remote start next year.
IMG_8574.JPG
Attachments
IMG_8575.JPG
IMG_8577.JPG
IMG_8585.JPG
IMG_8579.JPG
IMG_8580.JPG
IMG_8582.JPG
IMG_8584.JPG
IMG_8586.JPG
IMG_8589.JPG
IMG_8592.JPG
IMG_8593.JPG
IMG_8594.JPG
IMG_8595.JPG
Jon Crisman
Cedar Falls, IA

1969 UltraVan
1965 monza 110
1965 monza convertible 110
1965 500 sedan, 110 EFI
1960 sedan
http://www.jacksonsauction.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cvair4life

Post by cvair4life »

Vairynuts - the man with the UltraVan from Sept 2010 :) That thing was awesome.
1966 Corsa Coupe
greatscott73
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by greatscott73 »

This is my first official day on the board, and I would like to celebrate by showing off my newly restored Lakewood. Pretty much a complete do-over of a car rescued from the high desert of California where she had been sitting since 1969. Learned a lot of things the hard way while pulling her completely apart. but its all fun in the end.
Attachments
SAM_1005.JPG
SAM_1006.JPG
SAM_1007.JPG
SAM_1008.JPG
SAM_1009.JPG
SAM_1011.JPG
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :coolphotos: :welcome2: :welcome: :clap: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum! It looks like you have done a beautiful job on your Lakewood wagon! I would love to hear more about it, how you found it, and maybe see some before and after pictures and project photos if you took any during the restoration project.

If you would like to see some pictures of another really clean Lakewood that was up for sale in Florida some time ago, follow this URL to a posting that shows a beautiful Florida car. In particular take note of the ultra-clean underbody! I wish I could have bought it. :sad5:

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=1881&p=31808&hilit ... ood#p31808

Good luck with your Corvair of the Month entry! :woo:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”