Corvair of the Month January 2012

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month January 2012

Poll ended at Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 pm

CZenner
3%
Corvair.crazy
15%
hbutalla
15%
wingnutandme
18%
UNSAFE (coming out to play again)
10%
ctryewe
40%

Total votes: 40

Scott H
Site Admin

Corvair of the Month January 2012

Post by Scott H »

Welcome to a new year and Happy 2012 to you all! :tu:

The First Ten Vehicles posted are in the Show for this month.

The Sponsor is
Parts and service, in the Heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice

The winner this month will get a $10.00 Gift Certificate from Rafee Corvair.

Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
CZenner

Re: Corvair of the Month January 2012

Post by CZenner »

I'll try again this year. this is my 1968 Monza. 110 PG. 64000 miles. N69 mag wheel covers. Blitz Black paint.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Chris Zenner
Elma, Iowa
ICE Member
CORSA Member
1968 Corvair Monza 110 PG
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Corvair.crazy »

Here is for your consideration my 65. Turbo charged and lowered. Tan cloth top and rear mounted antenna.

Left front
Left front
Left rear
Left rear
Check out the Fisher Body Seat belts
Check out the Fisher Body Seat belts
Attachments
Park Shot Interior 2.JPG
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
hbutalla

Post by hbutalla »

Here's our 1967 El Corvair for consideration. The conversion was done by a previous owner. When we purchased this car in November of 2010, it looked good from a distance, but that was about all. My husband, who is a retired UMWA coal miner, did all of the restoration himself. My only contribution was that I put the black pinstripes on after all the hard work was done by my husband. We kept track of all of the receipts and we only have $1,600 cash invested.

Thanks in advance if you vote for this one of a kind vehicle.
DSC01252.JPG
DSC01266.JPG
IMG00525-20111023-1338.jpg
elcorvair.JPG
DSC01262.JPG
wingnutandme
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by wingnutandme »

This is our first try at Corvair of the month.
1961 Lakewood 700

Mild customization about 10 years ago –yellow and white paint and a yellow and white interior (later model bucket seats), Chevy bowtie embroidered on the rear seat back. All emblems removed, but running lights added (who knows why???) Runs with a later model 110 hp engine.

This Lakewood is a real trooper. We found it just outside Kansas City last spring and prepared to dolly it home to Georgia, backwards, of course. Everything was great, except we tied the steering wheel down with bungee cords (what in the world were we thinking?) Highway speeds, the play in the bungees, and bad ball joints allowed it to sway and wobble. We were sure it was “all over.” Finally able to pull over and we went with the fact the seller kept telling us, “you can drive it anywhere.” So, Wingnut (aka Chris) jumped in and drove it home, which ended up right at 1000 miles. Not a problem one, plus the ego trip with all the people who pulled alongside and took pictures and some even held a conversation at 55 mph.

It loves to go to car shows and listen to all the people say, “Wow, I never knew they made Corvair station wagons” and “I love that yellow color.”

It is a daily driver, not a trailer queen.
wagon right.jpg
wagon backseat.jpg
wagon corvair drive.jpg
61 Rampside
Ultra Van #328
CORSA, Corvanatics, UVMCC, VCE
Corvanatics Secretary/Treasurer/Newsletter Editor
UVMCC Newsletter Editor
Cosworth & a Vega Kammback
80 TR7 Vert
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

So if I won in 2010 can I play again in 2012 ?

Huh huh , can I can I :burnout: :burnout:

Well I guess I can so here's some more pics of my 1965 Monza . It is a 4 speed with a 4.11 differential and a 3.1 liter big bore engine with a pair of Weber three barrel carbs .The 3.1 liter/190 cubic inch motor is made by using 94mm VW pistons and cylinders which have been modified along with the case and heads . It features angle tube exhaust and an Otto 30 cam . The color is 1968 Corvette Bronze and I painted it myself in a tent in my driveway. It has 4 wheel disk brakes and Koni shocks .

Hear it run ---

Vote for me or else :rafman:
Attachments
IMG_2011.JPG
IMG_2323.JPG
IMG_2533.JPG
IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG
5-11-11.jpg
IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG
IMG_2229.JPG
terminal.jpg
KevinWilsonOnGrid.JPG
KevinWilsonOnTrack.JPG
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

I :dontknow: if you can play again, I see no reason why not Kevin, I like that deck lid :tu: as well as your car. I did expect to see alot more cars to view. Hope there will be. I do like that lakewood, but all these cars are winners. Just preserving them, I find out that there are more corvairs around than I ever was aware of. :clap: :clap: to everyone.

Yes , my computer smarts has been improved, and because of friends & the forum ! :ty: I have some more pictures to share with you all and if you go to Crazy Georges 65 & my introduction you can see some of the before pic from the previous owner .
2010 Dauther's Prom in the park
2010 Dauther's Prom in the park
The car did have a 110 made into a 140 (built by Rick Salsbury) est hp 175 plus. The power glide is nice but not a race car. Strong runner but no comparison to a stick. There were many shots taken in our local park at our dauther's prom .
Nice ghost strips at the rockers & on the deck lids
Nice ghost strips at the rockers & on the deck lids
Previous owner awards were provided with the car as well as parts books 2007and 2008
Vegas award 2007
Vegas award 2007
Vegas award 2008
Vegas award 2008
It's no wonder that it is a head turner here in Maine. Most I have encountered have never seen or heard of a Corvair . I love it at the gas stations when they see me checking the oil in the rear. :tu: It's really joyful :tu:
Feeling young again and loving every minute
Feeling young again and loving every minute
This car has rekindled memories of my Dad and building up my car & van projects to get on this summer. Enjoy and :ty: for letting me share :tu: Its our passion!

Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Nice air cleaners!!

UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

Wow - I get to play again so I added a few photos to my original post :cool:

Vote for UNSAFE or else :rafman:
Attachments
KevinWilsonOnGrid.JPG
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

1960 CORVAIR 700 CLUB COUPE
2011-10-01 (3).JPG
2011-10-08 (42).JPG
2011-09-25 (36).JPG
THIS CAR IS A DAILY DRIVER FROM EARLY SPRING UNTIL LATE FALL
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

You're too late for this month but I'd love to have you enter your beautiful '60 coupe next month. :tu:
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: BOY THE SUSPENCE :ty: For the votes I received , keep them coming :pray: I like that red 1960 but I may be getting a 1964 myself to add to the pack. I found some more pictures; I know we like pictures as well as enjoying corvairs,
Clinton Loins Club Show
Clinton Loins Club Show
Not nice putting next to a chromed out 409 Impala
Clinton Loins Club Show
Clinton Loins Club Show
Clinton Loins Club Show
Clinton Loins Club Show
I found that the shows around me have no class for corvairs but she does get alot of attention. :tu:
Better ride and tire & wheel  for Maine roads  215 65 R15
Better ride and tire & wheel for Maine roads 215 65 R15
I did find that these other set of wheels & tires gave her a much better ride over the cool 205-40Z R17-80 I must say that I think these are knock out rims
Local come over to look at her , some never seen or heard of a Corvair
Local come over to look at her , some never seen or heard of a Corvair
Getting ready for a cleaning
Getting ready for a cleaning
In my neck of the woods :rolling: Corvairs are rare to none, but I hunt for them !!!! BUT :LMs rule:
Now for that UNSAFE KEVIN, I like being SAFE & Foolish CRAZY :guitar: I want to :ty: Kevin for giving me a few car lengths , I see that you must of started your car and warming up :think: :checkeredflag: :checkeredflag: :checkeredflag:Crazy George :rolling: I'm tire of snow!
CZenner

Post by CZenner »

Hey, I'm just happy to get one vote, and it wasn't even from me!
Chris Zenner
Elma, Iowa
ICE Member
CORSA Member
1968 Corvair Monza 110 PG
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: Its all good fun. :tu: So did I get a vote from ya? As I said before in another thread :think: , we are all winners and blessed with saving all these corvairs and parts from the :assault: scraper's. Life issues one year ago today I believe, woke me up. The corvairs are all like life, they are in different levels . Some older newer fixed unfixed slower and of cause FASTER and the challenge's in both the car and our self's. :clap: To you and all. This forum has given me so much push ahead and learn from all its offerings. :guitar: Some say lucky, I say blessed. These are all winners in the end. I am overwhem for the votes and to share with you all. :ty: I just really wish my Dad could of seen my car and all these corvairs . Its not over yet , but I am watching that Kevin , HE IS FAST:eek: and maybe get some salmon for our cookout :not worthy: :clap: Life now is to enjoy it an go Crazy :neener: and do the things normal people may not do :rolling:
I shot this 1974 Lubbock Texas (  LAST STAGE WEST )
I shot this 1974 Lubbock Texas ( LAST STAGE WEST )
I don't think this will qualify for next month but she should of had a corvair twin turbo corvair powered and think of the possibilities :evil: bad !
UNSAFE
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by UNSAFE »

We need more people getting involved in the voting process !

Vote for UNSAFE or else :rafman:
Attachments
DSC_0343.jpg
Kevin Willson
1965 Monza 3.1
Juneau Alaska
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

HEY GIVE SOME ROOM :eek: You didn't need to take the fan belt off to go faster, I see you are flying without a chute by the looks of the cones down in the back ground. I see now that you a ripping, by the way them tires are :assault: digging in. I know you use that air gage that you are saving for me . Your tires got side walls :nono: :clap:
I have side walls in this version, yeah I know, but my dauther just happen to be in the picture
I have side walls in this version, yeah I know, but my dauther just happen to be in the picture

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”