VOTE - Corvair of the Month August 2019

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.
Scott H
Site Admin

VOTE - Corvair of the Month August 2019

Post by Scott H »

Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: ENTER - Corvair of the Month August 2019

Post by guthrie1068 »

I'd like to be considered for the Corvair of the Month for August. We bought this car a couple of years ago and towed it home. I wanted a white convertible, and my wife wanted the turquoise interior. We drove it the first summer we had it and then I took it apart to upgrade the suspension and brakes, fix some rust and clean up the engine compartment. I thought I could get it done in one winter, but it took a year and a half. I took the front suspension out, cleaned and painted it, reinforced the lower control arms for coil overs, and changed all the bushings and ball joints. The disc brake conversion is from Tom Knoblaugh, and has 2" drop hub mounts, C5 hubs, and S10 brake parts. The rear also has new bushings, some fab work on the control arms for coil overs, and a disc brake kit that was made by Leveque. I drilled the axles for 5 lug and it uses S10 rotors and Caddy calipers with the parking brake. The wheels are BMW 16X7. It was a lot of work, but this car drives like a dream. It's my first Corvair, and I love this car! The first pic is what it looked like when we bought it. There are some pics of the work and then the last pic is done. I really like the patina, so I'll be leaving it alone and just driving and enjoying it. I hope you all think it's as cool as I do!
Attachments
corvair.jpg
corvair front qa1.jpg
corvair rear qa1.jpg
brakes mounted.jpg
tires.jpg
Vair done.jpg
engine done.jpg
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

I’ve been following you on the other forum. I like what you’ve done to it. You have my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by guthrie1068 »

Wooo Hooo! Thanks Doug!!
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

guthrie1068 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 pm I'd like to be considered for the Corvair of the Month for August. We bought this car a couple of years ago and towed it home. I wanted a white convertible, and my wife wanted the turquoise interior. We drove it the first summer we had it and then I took it apart to upgrade the suspension and brakes, fix some rust and clean up the engine compartment. I thought I could get it done in one winter, but it took a year and a half. I took the front suspension out, cleaned and painted it, reinforced the lower control arms for coil overs, and changed all the bushings and ball joints. The disc brake conversion is from Tom Knoblaugh, and has 2" drop hub mounts, C5 hubs, and S10 brake parts. The rear also has new bushings, some fab work on the control arms for coil overs, and a disc brake kit that was made by Leveque. I drilled the axles for 5 lug and it uses S10 rotors and Caddy calipers with the parking brake. The wheels are BMW 16X7. It was a lot of work, but this car drives like a dream. It's my first Corvair, and I love this car! The first pic is what it looked like when we bought it. There are some pics of the work and then the last pic is done. I really like the patina, so I'll be leaving it alone and just driving and enjoying it. I hope you all think it's as cool as I do!
Sweet Ride. I like it!
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by guthrie1068 »

Thanks Scott! We took it for a spin this weekend to a drive in for lunch, and then to an ice cream joint for some dessert. Lots of people liked the car and I also got the same question that I almost always get. "When are you going to finish it?" I always tell them that it is done, but they always look confused.
Attachments
drive in.jpg
Ice Cream.jpg
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

Mine’s a driver too. I’ve had show cars in the past and they’re a lot of work and stress. Mine looks good but I can run to the store, drive to work or anywhere and not worry about door dings, etc. Not that I want more either...

65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

When I go to bigger wheels I’ll be asking you for advice ;)

65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by guthrie1068 »

I love having a driver and not having to worry about keeping it perfect. I'm no wheel expert, but I did do a lot of research before I chose mine. I'll be happy to help when you're ready Doug!
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
Gregory_Miller
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: VOTE - Corvair of the Month August 2019

Post by Gregory_Miller »

Looks like you win for August!
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by guthrie1068 »

Yay! I'm going to need to order a bunch of calendars!
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
County98

Post by County98 »

I like it, nice job!
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”