VOTE - Corvair of the Month SEPTEMBER 2018

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:17 am

macpac
31%
TikiRalf
69%

Total votes: 13

Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
macpac

Re: ENTER - Corvair of the Month SEPTEMBER 2018

Post by macpac »

There are so many great Corvairs entered each month and its inspiring to see the craftsmanship and talent put into each one, thank you, this is an awesome forum. Unlike many other car forums, this community is unique onto its own in many ways, in particular the shared knowledge base, pretty much any question one could have on Corvairs, its on the forums (even over the service manuals).
I picked up a stalled project in the LA area roughly three years ago, it was a "64 Corvair Spyder convertible with only 28k original miles. The car had been completely striped with the exception of the engine and after looking into the cars history, a compression test, bought my second Corvair (first was a '60 four door in the mid 90's). Four weeks later I had her on the road, however I took my time in some minor upgrades; electric fuel pump, alternator, new top, and 14" rims /tires (Still kept all the original parts).
I've recieved a few comments from the puritans at various clubs I joined however, only for minor imperfections; front grill is a '61, tail light lenses are '63 (also have original), just a matter of personal preference for the time being.
I am a proud Corvair owner and truly enjoy the car, even the roadside or backyard repairs that having a 50+ year old car can have, and the odd trophy that our rare gems can collect for us along the way. Enjoy.

Gary MacDonald
Vancouver, Canada / LA, CA

Not sure how to add a photo?? (tried the button on the menu, however didn't work)

Photos of resoration: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... RKazZCMDh3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zMfysGtLWt5o4R9U9
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Posting pictures is a fairly simple process, once you are familiar with it. You have already written a very nice opening statement, which I have included. You also had many good photos to choose from to tell your story. Here is a sample using a few photos I selected from your lengthy display...
macpac wrote:I picked up a stalled project in the LA area roughly three years ago. It was a "64 Corvair Spyder convertible with only 28k original miles. The car had been completely stripped with the exception of the engine and after looking into the car's history, a compression test, bought my second Corvair (first was a '60 four door in the mid 90's). Four weeks later I had her on the road, however I took my time in some minor upgrades; electric fuel pump, alternator, new top, and 14" rims /tires (Still kept all the original parts).

I've received a few comments from the puritans at various clubs I joined however, only for minor imperfections; front grill is a '61, tail light lenses are '63 (also have original), just a matter of personal preference for the time being.

I am a proud Corvair owner and truly enjoy the car, even the roadside or backyard repairs that having a 50+ year old car can have, and the odd trophy that our rare gems can collect for us along the way. Enjoy.

Gary MacDonald
Vancouver, Canada / LA, CA

:not worthy: :clap: :tu: :wave:
==================================================NOW HOW IS IT DONE?==================================================
bbodie52 wrote:If you have any photographs stored on your computer, you can upload them to be viewed on the Corvair Forum by selecting the POST REPLY button, instead of using Quick Reply. The Post Reply button gives you a more-complete Full Editor that has more features. This includes an "Attachments" tab near the bottom of the editor that provides you with an Add files button to upload image files from your PC.

Here is some information that might prove helpful to you later, regarding pasting illustrations, diagrams, etc.

You can manually copy images and pictures from other Corvair Forum posts, Google Photos presentations, etc. that were embedded as uploads by right-clicking each image in the source with your right mouse button and selecting Copy image URL, Copy Image Address, or Copy Link from the menu choices. (The actual wording in the drop-down menu depends on the age and type of Web browser you have installed on your PC). Doing so will invisibly copy the image URL address to the computer temporary data buffer called a clipboard. Using the Img button at the top of the editor screen, and the standard PC copy and paste technique will allow you to paste that URL address data from the clipboard into your Corvair Forum text (surrounded by bracketed img markers), which will display as the original picture or image when the post has been saved for display. The illustration below depicts the process.

Click on image to enlarge for better viewing...
Corvair Forum Image Transfer.jpg
NOTE: This same technique will allow you to copy just about any graphic, photo, or other displayed image from any public website, Facebook, or other website that is not secured and is publically viewable by right-clicking the desired image, obtaining the image URL, and then pasting the URL with Img markers into your Corvair Forum text.

FOR MORE INFO, SEE...

How to post a picture (and start a new topic)
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=618
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
macpac

Post by macpac »

Thank you very much for your assistance Brad, its greatly appreciated, (also greatly appreciate the years and volumes of information that you have provided to members, has helped me immensly with my project).

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... RKazZCMDh3

Gary
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I edited your post above to properly display the desired image from the host website.

Your interpretation of the procedure to post pictures is a little bit off. You posted the URL address for the Web page where the picture is hosted. That is only a link to the Web page, but not the URL address for the image itself. To get that, you must right-click the image and select copy image address, or Copy Image URL, or similar wording on the drop down menu (varies with the web browser used) to copy the picture URL to the clipboard. Then paste it to the target post location in the editor, using the Insert Image markers.

The alternate method requires you to physically upload the image from your local drive via the Attachments tab / Add Files feature in the Full Editor.
==================================================NOW HOW IS IT DONE?==================================================
bbodie52 wrote:If you have any photographs stored on your computer, you can upload them to be viewed on the Corvair Forum by selecting the POST REPLY button, instead of using Quick Reply. The Post Reply button gives you a more-complete Full Editor that has more features. This includes an "Attachments" tab near the bottom of the editor that provides you with an Add files button to upload image files from your PC.

Here is some information that might prove helpful to you later, regarding pasting illustrations, diagrams, etc.

You can manually copy images and pictures from other Corvair Forum posts, Google Photos presentations, etc. that were embedded as uploads by right-clicking each image in the source with your right mouse button and selecting Copy image URL, or Copy Image Address, etc. from the menu choices. (The actual wording in the drop-down menu depends on the age and type of Web browser you have installed on your PC). Doing so will invisibly copy the image URL address to the computer temporary data buffer called a clipboard. Using the Img button at the top of the editor screen, and the standard PC copy and paste technique will allow you to paste that URL address data from the clipboard into your Corvair Forum text (surrounded by bracketed img markers), which will display as the original picture or image when the post has been saved for display. The illustration below depicts the process.

Click on image to enlarge for better viewing...
Corvair Forum Image Transfer.jpg
NOTE: This same technique will allow you to copy just about any graphic, photo, or other displayed image from any public website, Facebook, or other website that is not secured and is publically viewable by right-clicking the desired image, obtaining the image URL, and then pasting the URL with Img markers into your Corvair Forum text.

FOR MORE INFO, SEE...

How to post a picture (and start a new topic)
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=618
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Well i give it another try :tu: and yes still working on it for many years. Progress goes slow but i'm happy with the resuolt so far. Hopefully it will all work and i can drive it again, really looking forward to the day i can drive it out of the workshop.

Here is the car when i drove it

and some of the latest build

:ty:

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”